Émilie Dequenne in 2012
29 August 1981 |
Belœil, Hainaut, Belgium
Émilie Dequenne (born 29 August 1981) is a Belgian actress.
Life and career
Dequenne won the Best Actress award at the 1999 Cannes Film Festival for her debut film performance in the Palme d'Or-winning film Rosetta. Dequenne became more well-known with worldwide audiences following her role in Brotherhood of the Wolf, a $29 million-budgeted film that grossed more than $70 million in theaters worldwide. In 2009 she played the lead in André Téchiné's La Fille du RER alongside Catherine Deneuve. She starred in the French thriller film The Pack, which premiered at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival.
In 2012, she won the Un Certain Regard Award for Best Actress award at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival for her role in the film Our Children. The film also scored her a Magritte Award for Best Actress and a nomination for a Satellite Award for Best Actress.
|2006||Miss Julie||August Strindberg||Didier Long|
|2010||Mon Tibet||Michel Lengliney||Didier Long (2)|
- "Festival de Cannes: Rosetta". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- Émilie Dequenne at Actrices Francaises Fan Site
- CNC Blocks 'The Pack' From Screening at Cannes!
- Cannes (27 May 2012). "Awards 2012". festival-cannes.fr. Cannes Film Festival. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- Leurquin, Anne-Sophie (2 February 2013). "Quatre Magritte pour " A perdre la raison "". Le Soir (in French). Retrieved 3 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Émilie Dequenne.|