Emily Cox (Miss Kentucky)
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Born||Emily Ann Cox
March 2, 1986
Campbellsville, Kentucky, U.S.
|Education||Taylor County High School
Western Kentucky University
University of Kentucky
|Title(s)||Miss Commonwealth 2005
Miss Lexington 2006
Miss Bowling Green 2008
Miss Kentucky 2008
|Miss Kentucky 2005 (2nd runner-up)
Miss Kentucky 2006 (2nd runner-up)
Miss America 2009 (Top 12)
Cox won the title of Miss Kentucky on July 18, 2008 and participated in Miss America 2009 on January 24, 2009. Cox's platform is "Uniquely Me: Promoting Self-Esteem in Adolescent Girls" and her competition talent was piano. She won the Quality of Life Award and finished in the top 12 overall semi-finalists. She attended the University of Kentucky, graduating in 2008 with a bachelor's degree in biology. After concluding her reign as Miss Kentucky, she planned to return to the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy and pursue a Pharm.D. degree to become a clinical pharmacist specializing in pediatrics. She previously competed in the National Sweetheart 2005 pageant, a spot she earned by placing 2nd runner-up to Miss Kentucky 2005.
- "Miss Kentucky Emily Cox wins Quality of Life Award and $6,000 scholarship". Vegas DeLuxe. January 22, 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-30.
- "Former Titleholders". Miss Kentucky Organization. January 30, 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-30.
- "Emily Cox - Biography". IMDb. January 30, 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-30.
- "Miss Kentucky Plans Return to UK for Pharm.D.". University of Kentucky. July 28, 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-30.
- "Pageantry to Pharmacy, Emily Cox, Miss Kentucky 2008". University of Kentucky. July 28, 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-30.
- "Congratulations to Emily Cox who represented Kentucky at the National Sweetheart Pageant in Hoopeston, Illinois, on September 4th.". Miss Bluegrass Area/Miss Commonwealth/Miss Fayette County and Miss Bluegrass Area Teen Pageant. Archived from the original on January 6, 2006. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
|Awards and achievements|
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|