DiDonato at Sports Illustrated Swim City fan festival in 2016
|Born||February 24, 1991|
Goshen, New York, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
Born in Goshen, New York, DiDonato is of Italian, Irish, and Native American ancestry. Her great-grandparents emigrated to the U.S. from Italy. Emily was scouted at The Danbury Mall when she was 10 years old by Tina Kiniry from the John Casablancas Modeling & Acting Agency of Connecticut. Tina introduced Emily to Request Model Management in 2008 and she booked jobs as the face of Guess? clothing for spring 2009 and as a model in Ralph Lauren's "Rugby" spring 2009 advertisement campaign.
In May 2009, she was signed as the face of Maybelline New York, having just graduated from high school with only a few months of modeling experience, and made her television commercial debut for the company's "Color Sensational Lip Color" line, alongside Christy Turlington, Jessica White, and Julia Stegner. DiDonato began modeling for Victoria's Secret in August 2009, and appeared on her first magazine cover with The Block's October 2009 issue.
In 2010, she became the face of Giorgio Armani's fragrance Acqua Di Gioia. Images of her from this campaign were used as the cover pages of L'Oréal's Annual and Financial Reports for 2010. For Summer 2013, Emily DiDonato stars in advertising campaign for Oysho.
She made her Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue debut in 2013, with photos taken in Namibia.
She has appeared in advertising campaigns for Miu Miu, Oscar de la Renta, Giorgio Armani, Calvin Klein, Trussardi, Ralph Lauren, Just Cavalli, Missoni, Elie Tahari, Longchamp, Nicole Farhi, Aldo, Gap, Juicy Couture, and Guess.
DiDonato has stated that "I'd like to maybe get into acting one day."
DiDonato married financier Kyle Peterson in July 2018.
- "Emily DiDonato - Fashion Model - Profile with photos, biography and more on FMD". Fashionmodeldirectory.com. 2011-09-10. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- Andy Gray (2013-02-26). "Meet the Rookie". Swimdaily.si.com. Archived from the original on 2014-01-17. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- Wohlrab, Spencer (2012-02-17). "Maybelline's New Face: Emily DiDonato". Stylecaster.com. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- Andy Gray (2013-04-02). "Emily DiDonato: 25 Facts About Me". Swimdaily.si.com. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- Macatee, Rebecca. "Jake Gyllenhaal's Rumored New Girlfriend Emily DiDonato: 5 Things to Know". E!. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Emily DiDonato". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- Lim, James (2012-02-17). "Meet The New Girl: Emily DiDonato". The Cut. Retrieved 2019-12-05.
- "Maybelline Signs Model Emily DiDonato". Wwd.com. 2009-05-21. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- Janelle (2009-08-05). "Of The Minute". Models.com. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Emily DiDonato's cover for The Block". Models.com. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- Christa Catharina Müller. "Vogue.com: Top Newcomer" (in German). Vogue.de. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- Request Models (2010-03-31). "RE:QUEST Model Management: Emily DiDonato / Acqua di Gioia". Requestmodels.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- Oysho Swimwear 2013 advertising campaign
- The FMD - FashionModelDirectory.com (2011-09-10). "Emily DiDonato - Fashion Model". The FMD. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- Maconaccessdate=October 25, 2018, Alexandra. "Model Emily DiDonato Marries With Breathtaking Views of the Colorado Mountains in the Background". Vogue.