Emily Young (film director)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Emily Young (born 1970) is an award-winning English film director and screenwriter. Her film Veronika Decides to Die, an adaptation of the book by Paulo Coelho and starring Sarah Michelle Gellar was released in 2009.
Young, the third of four children, was born in Islington, London, the daughter of Helen Young (née Mason) and Hugo Young. Both her parents were journalists and her mother was also a charity worker and children's book author.
Veronika Decides to Die
In 2008, filming for Veronika Decides to Die began in New York City. The film was released in Brazil first on 21 August 2009 and then released slowly around the world. However, it was not until 2015 that it was released in the US and it was only available in select theaters. The film is based on the novel Veronika Decides to Die written by Paulo Coelho. The film follows Veronika, played by Sarah Michelle Gellar, through her attempted suicide and her time at an institution afterwards.
Awards and nominations
- BAFTA Award Carl Foreman Award for Best Newcomer (2004): Kiss of Life
- Cannes Film Festival Cinefondation Award (1999): Second Hand
- British Independent Film Awards Douglas Hiscox Award (2004): Kiss of Life
- Copenhagen International Film Festival Golden Swan Award (2003): Kiss of Life
- Dinard Festival of British Cinema Golden Hitchcock (2003): Kiss of Life
|This article about a British film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|