|Birth name||Emin Araz oglu Agalarov|
|Born||12 December 1979|
|Labels||Saffron Music UK|
Emin Araz oglu Agalarov (Azerbaijani: Emin Araz oğlu Ağalarov; 12 December 1979), simply known under the stage name Emin, is an Azerbaijani singer-songwriter and businessman. He writes and performs songs in English and Russian and is well known in Azerbaijan, Russia and in other Post-Soviet states.
Early life and Business
Emin Arasovich Agalarov was born 12 December 1979, in Baku, Azerbaijan. He and his parents moved to Moscow when Emin was four years old. After finishing high school in New Jersey, Emin enrolled in Marymount Manhattan College in New York. He graduated at the top of his class, delivering a thesis on "Business Management in the Field of Finance."
When he came back to Moscow in 2001, he was named as Commercial Director of Crocus Group. In 2012, he was promoted to Vice President of Crocus Group. Since 2014, he has held the position of Executive Vice President of Crocus Group. As part of his responsibilities, Emin Agalarov oversees the following ventures:
- The VEGAS chain of retail-entertainment complexes. At present there are two locations – VEGAS Kashirskoe Shosse (480,000 m2) and VEGAS Crocus City (285,000 m2) – with a third location, VEGAS Kuntsevo, slated to open in 2017;
- The restaurant portfolio of Restaurants by Crocus Group, which includes the chain of the legendary Nobu restaurants; the Zafferano franchise, dedicated to modern Azerbaijani cuisine; the Edoko franchise of Japanese of sushi-bars; the Rose Bar franchise; Forte Bello, serving up the finest in family-style Italian cooking; and Backstage;
- The Crocus City Mall luxury shopping center;
- Crocus Fashion Retail, featuring designer boutiques from Sergio Rossi (2), Casadei, Le Silla, Alberto Guardiani, Artioli, Santoni, and Cesare Paciotti, as well as the multi-brand boutique, Crocus Fashion, three Crocus Stok stores, Crocus Atelier Couture, and UBOAT, the luxury watch-maker;
- Crocus City Hall concert venue; ∙ Vegas City Hall, a concert venue slated to open in VEGAS Crocus City in 2016;
- Sea Breeze Resort (Nardaran, Azerbaijan.)
Agalarov's interest in music began in high school whilst in the United States. After graduating from high school, he returned to Russia, where he continued to write songs. In 2005 he began working with his vocal and music teacher, the Azerbaijani singer Muslim Magomayev, to whom he pays tribute in his concerts.
He then released an album per year: Incredible in 2007, Obsession (a set of classic Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley songs) in 2008; and in 2009, Devotion. Each of these albums was supported by concerts in Moscow and Baku.
In 2010 he relocated to London, to work with producer Brian Rawling and to focus on the UK music market. Emin's album Wonder was released in Russia and CIS in November 2010 and in the UK on 21 March 2011. The song "Heart Keeps Beating" was the first single in Russia from his second album After the Thunder and received good radio airplay on Russian Radio in 2012.
On 26 May 2012, Emin was the local interval act during intermission on the Eurovision Song Contest that was held in his home country in Baku, Azerbaijan. During the break, Emin performed "Never Enough", a track taken from the album After the Thunder.
On 9 November Emin performed at Miss Universe 2013 held in Moscow, Russia in the evening gown competition section. He also made a special guest appearance with Jennifer Lopez at the opening of the FIFA Women's World Cup in September 2014.
In May of 2014, Emin won the 2014 World Music Awards as the best-selling Artist from Azerbaijan.
Emin Agalarov is the son of Aras Agalarov, a Russian billionaire, and was married to Leyla Aliyeva, the daughter of the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev. The couple has twin sons, Ali and Mikail, who were born in 2008. They divorced in May 2015.
|2012||After the Thunder||
|2015||The Falling 8||
|2016||Love is a Deadly Game|
- 2011: "Any Time You Fall"
- 2012: "Heart Keeps Beating"
- 2012: "Baby Get Higher"
- 2012: "Never Enough"
- 2012: "Walk Through Walls"
- 2013: "Amor" / "In Another Life"
- 2014: "Смотришь в небо" (with Loboda)
- 2015: "Boomerang"
- 2012: After the Thunder
|2013||Love in Big City 3||Himself|
- Популярный азербайджанский певец и композитор Эмин Агаларов 22 июля даст концерт в Лондоне. - Mediafax
- "Мне приятно, что и вторая моя песня заслужила такую высокую оценку"
- "Emin Arasovich Agalarov, biography". Crocus Group.
- "Emin Ağalarov: "Hər konsertimdə Müslüm Maqomayev mütləq anılacaq" - APA article
- Emin Ağalarovun albomu City Beat radiosunda lider oldu
- "Emin Agalarov: Singing Commercial Director". Luxe Magazine. 19 November 2009. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- "Musicfootnotes". Musicfootnotes. Retrieved 2012-01-06.
- Adams, William Lee (2012-08-19). "Album Review: Emin's "After the Thunder"| wiwibloggs". Eurovision 2016 Predictions, Polls, Odds, Rankings | wiwibloggs. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- WiwiBloggs.com: Album review: Emin's After the Thunder
- on YouTube
- MICHAEL CROWLEY (May 15, 2016). "When Donald Trump brought Miss Universe to Moscow; How a 2013 beauty pageant explains Trump's love for Russia and obsession with Vladimir Putin.". Politico. Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- Neil Smith (1 March 2011). "Emin: a singer with connections". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- Paul Harris (10 March 2011). "Leyla, the champagne connection". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
|Eurovision Song Contest
Final Interval act
Sarah Dawn Finer