|Birth name||Emin Araz oglu Agalarov|
|Born||12 December 1979|
|Genres||contemporary pop, pop,|
|Labels||Saffron Music UK|
Emin Araz oglu Agalarov (Azerbaijani: Emin Araz oğlu Ağalarov; 12 December 1979), simply known under the stage name Emin, is an Azerbaijani singer-songwriter and businessman. He writes and performs songs in English and Russian and is well known in Azerbaijan, Turkey, and Russia.
Agalarov was born in Baku, Azerbaijan, but at the age of four he and his family moved to Moscow, where his father Aras Agalarov started his own business, Crocus International. Educated first in Russia, he later was schooled in Switzerland and New Jersey, United States. In 2001 he graduated with a bachelor degree in Business & Management from New York University. Agalarov also works as a commercial director at Crocus International.
Agalarov's interest in music began in high school whilst in the United States. After graduating from high school, he returned to Russia, where he continued to write songs. In 2005 he began working with his vocal and music teacher, the Azerbaijani singer Muslim Magomayev, to whom he pays tribute in his concerts.
He then released an album per year: Incredible in 2007, Obsession (a set of classic Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley songs) in 2008; and in 2009, Devotion. Each of these albums was supported by concerts in Moscow and Baku.
In 2010 he relocated to London, to work with producer Brian Rawling and to focus on the UK music market. Emin's album Wonder was released in Russia and CIS in November 2010 and in the UK on 21 March 2011. The song "Heart Keeps Beating" was the first single in Russia from his second album After the Thunder and received good radio airplay on Russian Radio.
Emin's first single from his 2012 album After The Thunder was the song "Baby Get Higher" written by David Sneddon, David Sneddon, Graham Stack, Mark Read and was added to the BBC Radio 2 A-List in April 2012.
In popular culture
On 26 May 2012, Emin was the local interval act during intermission on the Eurovision Song Contest held in Baku, Azerbaijan. During the break, Emin performed "Never Enough", a track taken from the album After the Thunder.
He will also make a special guest appearance with Jennifer Lopez at the opening of the FIFA Women's World Cup in September 2014. Later, in November 9. Emin performed at Miss Universe 2013 held in Moscow, Russia in the evening gown competition section.
Emin Agalarov is the son of Aras Agalarov, a Russian billionaire, and married to Leyla Aliyeva, the daughter of the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev. The couple has twin sons, Ali and Mikail, who were born in 2008. Divorced now.
|2012||After the Thunder||
- 2011: "Any Time You Fall"
- 2012: "Heart Keeps Beating"
- 2012: "Baby Get Higher"
- 2012: "Never Enough"
- 2012: "Walk Through Walls"
- 2013: "Amor" / "In Another Life"
- 2014: "Смотришь в небо" (with Loboda)
- 2012: After the Thunder
|2013||Love in Big City 3||Himself|
- Популярный азербайджанский певец и композитор Эмин Агаларов 22 июля даст концерт в Лондоне. - Mediafax
- "Мне приятно, что и вторая моя песня заслужила такую высокую оценку"
- "Emin Agalarov: Singing Commercial Director". Luxe Magazine. 19 November 2009. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- Emin LastFM profile
- "Emin Ağalarov: "Hər konsertimdə Müslüm Maqomayev mütləq anılacaq" - APA article
- Emin Ağalarovun albomu City Beat radiosunda lider oldu
- "Musicfootnotes". Musicfootnotes. Retrieved 2012-01-06.
- WiwiBloggs.com: Album review: Emin's After the Thunder
- Neil Smith (1 March 2011). "Emin: a singer with connections". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- Paul Harris (10 March 2011). "Leyla, the champagne connection". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
|Eurovision Song Contest
Final Interval act
Sarah Dawn Finer