|Valide Hatun of the Ottoman Sultanate|
|Died||c. 1449 (aged 59-60)|
Bursa, Ottoman Sultanate
|Father||Șaban Suli Bey|
Emine Hatun was born as a Dulkadirid princess, the daughter of Șaban Suli Bey, third ruler of the Beylik of Dulkadir (reign 1386-1398). She had a brother Sadaka Bey, fourth ruler of the Dulkadirs (reign 1398-1399). She was the first cousin of Nasireddin Mehmed Bey fifth ruler of the Dulkadirids (reign 1399-1442). Mehmed Bey's granddaughter Sittişah Hatun, married Mehmed II in 1449 and later her niece Gülbahar Hatun married Bayezid II and became the mother of Selim I.
In 1403, when Mehmed had defeated his brother İsa Çelebi and İsfendiyar Bey, the ruler of the Isfendiyarids who had formed an alliance with each other, he returned to Rum, and decided to make some alliances of his own. While he was feasting in Tokat, Karamanid ruler Mehmed Bey sent his head military judge, and ambassadors also arrived from the realm of Dulkadirids. Relations were mended and animosity was removed. Then there was made peace and friendship between them. At that time, gifts and tokens of betrothal were sent to the Emine Hatun, who was thus engaged to the Sultan. Mehmed Çelebi’s important marriage alliance with the ruler of the neighboring tribal confederation of Dulkadir, which was especially rich in horses and horsemen, demonstrates his continued emphasis on tribal politics. The alliance proved a great value for Nasireddin Mehmed Bey. This not only gave Mehmed armed assistance in his campaign for empire, but was always ready to attack the eastern provinces of the Karamanid principality. In 1404 she gave birth to the future Sultan Murad II.
- Ottoman Empire
- Ottoman dynasty
- Ottoman family tree
- Line of succession to the Ottoman throne
- List of valide sultans
- List of the mothers of the Ottoman Sultans
- List of consorts of the Ottoman Sultans
- Ottoman Emperors family tree (simplified)
- M. Çağatay Uluçay (1985). Padişahların kadınları ve kızları. Türk Tarih Kurumu.
- Donald Edgar Pitcher (1968). An Historical Geography of the Ottoman Empire: From Earliest Times to the End of the Sixteenth Century. Brill Archive. ISBN 978-9-004-07929-8.
- Dimitris J. Kastritsis (2007). The Sons of Bayezid: Empire Building and Representation in the Ottoman Civil War of 1402-1413. BRILL. ISBN 978-9-004-15836-8.
- Necdet Öztürk (30 January 2014). Osmanlı Sosyal Hayatı. Işık Yayıncılık Ticaret. ISBN 978-6-055-12912-5.
- Necdet Sakaoğlu (2008). Bu mülkün kadın sultanları: Vâlide sultanlar, hâtunlar, hasekiler, kadınefendiler, sultanefendiler. Oğlak Yayıncılık. ISBN 978-9-753-29623-6.
- Türk dünyası araştırmaları, Issues 136-138. Türk Dünyası Araştırmaları Vakfı. 2002.
| Valide Hâtun
| Valide Hâtun