Emir Kenzhegazievich Baigazin (Kazakh: Эмир Кенжеғазыұлы Байғазин, Russian: Эмир Кенжегазиевич Байгазин; born July 19, 1984) is a Kazakh actor and film director, active in the genres of auteur cinema and art-house.
Baigazin was born in Tamdy village, Alga District in the Aktobe Province of Kazakhstan. After graduating from high school in Alga from 2002 to 2004 he studied at the acting school of the T. Akhtanov Aktobe Drama Theater, and in 2004 he entered the Kazakh National Academy of Arts, with the specialty of film direction and cinema. In September 2007, he participated in the Busan International Film Festival, the Asian Film Academy (AFA). In February 2008, he was a member of the Berlin camp of young talent at the 58th Berlin International Film Festival in Germany.
- Cheerful and Offended (Russian: Весёлые и обиженные, 2006) — screenwriter, director and cameraman.
- Steppe (Russian: Степь, 2007) — screenwriter, director and cameraman.
- Virgins (Russian: Девственники, 2007) — screenwriter and director.
- Весогонщик (2008) — screenwriter and director.
- Silhouettes of Almaty (Russian: Силуэты Алматы, 2007) — producer.
- Harmony Lessons (Kazakh: Асланның сабақтары, Russian: Уроки гармонии) is a 2013 Kazakh-German coproduction. It won Baigazin the Berlinale World Cinema Fund prize and was shown at the Tribeca Film Festival. He was nominated for the Asia Pacific Screen Award for Achievement in Directing for this film.
- The Wounded Angel (Kazakh: Жаралы періште, Russian: Раненый ангел, 2016) premiered at the 66th Berlinale (Panorama Special). The film is a Kazakh-French-German co-production with the support of ARTE.
- The River (Kazakh: Ozen, 2018)
- "Film Review: 'The Wounded Angel'". Variety. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "'The Wounded Angel' ('Ranenyy Angel'): Berlin Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "Emir Baigazin planning new trilogy". Screen International. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- Рисковый Эмир Archived 2014-03-01 at the Wayback Machine 2008. Не Кустурица, но тоже Эмир – Байгазин.
- Channel 1 Казахстанский фильм с актерами-непрофессионалами произвел фурор на «Берлинале» 15.02.2013 16:54
- Tengrinews - Kazakhstan's Emir Baygazin movie got Berlinale World Cinema Fund prize. Tengrinews, Jan 18 2013
- "Harmony Lessons | 2013 Tribeca Film Festival". Tribecafilm.com. Archived from the original on 2013-11-07. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "Winners & Nominees 2013". asiapacificscreenacademy.com. Archived from the original on 2013-12-20. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
|This Kazakhstani biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|