Emirates Investment Authority
|جهاز الامارات للإستثمار|
The Emirates Investment Authority (EIA) is the only sovereign wealth fund of the federal government of the United Arab Emirates. It was established in 2007, the EIA has actively sought unique investment opportunities locally, regionally and internationally, focussing on investing in asset classes considered to help strengthen and diversify the UAE economy.
The EIA made two investments when it acquired major holdings in two Middle Eastern and North African telecommunications companies, Etisalat and Du. Further investments are known to have been made in Gulf International Bank in Bahrain, the United Arab Shipping Company, and the Gulf Investment Corporation. In total, the EIA has acquired over 30 stakes in corporations across the GCC.
- Mohammad Abdulla Al Gergawi – Deputy Chairman and Minister of Cabinet Affairs
- Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansouri – Member and Minister of Economy
- Obaid Humaid Al Tayer – Member and Minister of State for Financial Affairs
- Abdul Hamid Mohammed Saeed – Member and Managing Director of First Gulf Bank
- Eissa Mohamed Al Suwaidi – Member and Executive Director of the Abu Dhabi Investment Council
- Kaltham Hamad Balabad Al Ghafli - Investment Manager in the External Equities Department in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority