Emma (2020 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Autumn de Wilde|
|Written by||Eleanor Catton|
by Jane Austen
|Music by||Isobel Waller-Bridge|
|Edited by||Nick Emerson|
|Distributed by||Focus Features|
EMMA. is an upcoming British comedy-drama film directed by Autumn de Wilde and written by Eleanor Catton. It is based on the novel of same name by Jane Austen. The film stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Johnny Flynn and Bill Nighy.
It is scheduled to be released in the United Kingdom on February 14, 2020, and in the United States on February 21, 2020, by Focus Features.
Jane Austen’s beloved comedy about finding your equal and earning your happy ending is reimagined in this delicious new film adaptation of EMMA. Handsome, clever, and rich, Emma Woodhouse is a restless queen bee without rivals in her sleepy little town. In this glittering satire of social class and the pain of growing up, Emma must adventure through misguided matches and romantic missteps to find the love that has been there all along.
- Anya Taylor-Joy as Emma Woodhouse
- Johnny Flynn as George Knightley
- Bill Nighy as Mr. Woodhouse
- Mia Goth as Harriet Smith
- Miranda Hart as Miss Bates
- Josh O'Connor as Mr. Elton
- Callum Turner as Frank Churchhill
- Rupert Graves as Mr. Weston
- Gemma Whelan as Mrs. Weston
- Amber Anderson as Jane Fairfax
- Tanya Reynolds as Mrs. Elton
- Connor Swindells
In October 2018, Anya Taylor-Joy was cast in the film adaptation of EMMA., with Autumn de Wilde making her directorial debut with the film. In December 2018, Johnny Flynn joined the cast of the film. In March 2019, Bill Nighy, Mia Goth, Josh O'Connor, Callum Turner, Miranda Hart, Rupert Graves, Gemma Whelan, Amber Anderson and Tanya Reynolds joined the cast of the film. Alexandra Byrne will be providing costume design for the film.
It is scheduled to be released in the United Kingdom on February 14, 2020, and in the United States on February 21, 2020.
- Focus Features. "Emma Cast & Crew". Retrieved December 8, 2019.
- Kit, Borys (October 25, 2018). "Anya Taylor-Joy to Star in Jane Austen Adaptation 'Emma' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (December 20, 2018). "Johnny Flynn Joins Focus Features-Working Title's 'Emma'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 2, 2019.
- Grater, Tom (March 21, 2019). "Bill Nighy, Mia Goth, Josh O'Connor, Callum Turner board 'Emma' for Working Title, Blueprint (exclusive)". Screen International. Retrieved March 21, 2019.
- "Alexandra Byrne". Independent Talent. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Production Weekly" (PDF). Production Weekly. No. 1123. December 20, 2018. p. 19. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- de Wilde, Autumn (March 18, 2019). "DAY ONE of production complete". Instagram.com. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
I am thrilled to announce that I am directing Jane Austen’s ”Emma” starring @anyataylorjoy for @focusfeatures @workingtitlefilms & @blueprint.pictures // screenplay by eleanorcatton // photo by @anyataylorjoy // @emmafilm // “Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition, seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her.” // #emma #hansomecleverandrich
- "Emma". Launching Films. Retrieved August 22, 2019.