Emma Elizabeth Knight
12 July 1971
Emma Elizabeth Mulqueeny née Knight; born 12 July 1971) is a British technologist and educator. She is best known for co-founding Rewired State and Young Rewired State, which provided a community and events for technically gifted young people. She has campaigned for programming to be taught from an early age in UK schools to encourage wider uptake and increased diversity in the tech sector.(
Mulqueeny served on the House of Commons' Speaker's Commission on Digital Democracy and was a 2014 Google Personal Democracy Fellow. She regularly writes for different media, including The Daily Telegraph.
Awards and honours
Mulqueeny was voted onto the Wired 100 list, Tech City 100 and BIMA Hot 10. She was voted one of the top ten women in technology by The Guardian and was named in the top ten Tech Heroes for Good by NESTA.
Mulqueeny lives in Surrey with her two daughters.
- "MULQUEENY, Emma Elizabeth". Who's Who. Vol. 2014 (online edition via Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- Year 8 is too late mulqueeny.wordpress.com 2011-08-10
- on YouTube
- "Blog Entries by Emma Mulqueeny". Huffington Post. 10 January 2012. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "Emma Mulqueeny". Nesta. Archived from the original on 7 June 2014. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "Emma Mulqueeny columns". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "The Team". Rewired State. 2014. Archived from the original on 16 August 2014. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Mulqueeny, Emma. "Year 8 is Too Late". Wordpress. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Members of the Digital Democracy Commission". House of Commons. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- "2014 Google Personal Democracy Fellows". Google. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- Mulqueeny, Emma (6 December 2012). "Learning to code: do I need to be good at maths?". ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- Emma is the founder of Rewired State and Young Rewired State: Coding a better country.
- "No. 61608". The London Gazette (Supplement). 11 June 2016. p. B13.