Emma Pollock is a Scottish singer, songwriter, and guitarist, and a founding member of The Delgados, The Burns Unit and The Fruit Tree Foundation.
Pollock studied physics at the University of Strathclyde
A founding member of The Delgados, she signed a solo recording contract with British independent record label 4AD in 2005 after the amicable split of the band. She continues, however, to be involved in the influential Glasgow-based label Chemikal Underground. Her first solo album, Watch the Fireworks, was released on 17 September 2007. Pollock has most recently been recording with Scottish-Canadian band The Burns Unit, along with Indo-Caledonian pop artist Future Pilot AKA, Karine Polwart, King Creosote, multi-instrumentalist Kim Edgar, drummer/producer Mattie Foulds, pianist Michael Johnston; and rapper MC Soom T. Pollock has also worked with David Gedge both in the studio and live as part of his Cinerama project.
On 3 August 2010, The Burns Unit release their debut, "Side Show" through Proper Distribution in the UK. Produced by the band's drummer Mattie Foulds, "Side Show" was mixed with Paul Savage (Franz Ferdinand) and mastered by Jon Astley (The Who, ABBA, Norah Jones).
On 25 August 2014, the second album from English folk rock band Dry the River, Alarms in the Heart, was released, featuring Pollock in its third track, Roman Candle, as guest performer.
Singles and EPs
- "Adrenaline" (28 May 2007)
- "Acid Test" (3 September 2007)
- "Paper and Glue" (26 November 2007)
- "I Could Be A Saint" (22 February 2010)
- "Red Orange Green" (24 May 2010)
- "Adrenaline" (2007, directed by Blair Young)
- "Acid Test" (2007, directed by Lucy Cash)
- "Paper and Glue" (2007, directed by Moh Azima)
- "Red Orange Green" (2010, directed by Laura McCullagh)