18 March 1976
|Occupation||Television and radio presenter, former model|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Spouse(s)||Matt Willis (m. 2008)|
Willis has presented Big Brother since 2013, and she also presented spin-off show Big Brother's Bit on the Side from its inception in 2011 until February 2015. Since 2014, she has co-presented The Voice UK alongside Marvin Humes. She also hosts the Sunday breakfast show on Heart FM with Stephen Mulhern.
Willis was born in Birmingham, England, and grew up in nearby Sutton Coldfield. She has an older sister. Willis attended John Willmott School in Sutton Coldfield. She began modelling at the age of 17 and during her career, has worked for magazines, retailers, and companies such as Marie Claire, Elle, Vogue, GAP and Chanel.
In September 2012, Willis became a permanent presenter on This Morning, presenting segments in The Hub, taking over from Coleen Nolan The Hub was axed in 2014. She was also a stand-in presenter on the main show when Holly Willoughby or Ruth Langsford are absent.
|“||Working with Phillip, Holly, Eamonn and Ruth has been nothing but a pleasure, so knowing I will officially be part of the family from October is really exciting. I can't wait to get cracking.||”|
On 16 November 2012, Willis was drafted in to guest anchor Loose Women and has since presented on several occasions as a stand-in presenter. She covered for Carol Vorderman after she broke her nose in April 2013. She has also guest presented an episode of The Paul O'Grady Show, while O'Grady was away.
In 2007, Willis guest hosted the tenth week of Big Brother's Big Mouth. In 2010, Willis began presenting a Celebrity Big Brother online spin-off show entitled Celebrity Big Brother's Big i. While presenting the online spinoff in the same series, Willis also presented another edition of Big Mouth when Davina McCall entered the Big Brother house as part of a task. She was then later announced as the new co-presenter on the final series of Big Brother's Little Brother, hosting opposite George Lamb.
In 2010, it was announced that Willis would replace Melinda Messenger on the Channel 5 series Live from Studio Five, but after only two months, Willis, herself, announced she would be departing in order to co-present Big Brother's Little Brother and was therefore replaced by Jayne Middlemiss.
In 2011, it was confirmed that she would be returning to the revived series, presenting the spin-off show Big Brother's Bit on the Side.
On 13 March 2013, it was reported that Brian Dowling would be axed from Big Brother and be replaced by Willis with a source saying, "Brian has been a great host but Emma is seen by channel chiefs as a true successor to Davina. They're talking to her now about taking over the role from the summer." It was later confirmed, on 2 April 2013 by Channel 5 that Willis would be replacing Dowling as the new host of Big Brother. On 13 June 2013, she began presenting the fourteenth series of Big Brother.
Even though Willis presents the main Big Brother and celebrity series, she still continues to host the spin-off show Bit on the Side, sharing the presenting duties with Rylan Clark. On 2 February 2015, it was announced that Willis was to present her final edition of Bit on the Side that night, and Clark would take over as the main presenter of the spin off show.
In 2013, Willis was confirmed as the replacement for Holly Willoughby on the BBC One talent show The Voice UK. On 11 January 2014, she began co-presenting the third series with JLS singer Marvin Humes, who replaced Reggie Yates.
|“||The Voice is an absolutely brilliant TV show with the unique ability to showcase and nurture amazing raw talent. I couldn't be more excited to be a part of it and I cannot wait to get started.||”|
In 2015, she became the celebrity ambassador for the shaving brand Gillette Venus.
In September 2013, Willis received a longlist nomination for 'Most Popular Entertainment Presenter' at the National Television Awards in 2014. It was her second successive longlist nomination for the award.
On 5 July 2008, Emma Griffiths married Busted member Matt Willis at Rushton Hall, Northamptonshire after three years of dating. The wedding was featured in OK magazine. She gave birth to their first child, daughter Isabelle Catherine Willis, on 20 June 2009 in Portland Hospital, London. On 25 November 2011, the couple had a baby boy, Ace Billy Willis. She is an Aston Villa supporter, her hometown club.
Willis is an ambassador for The Prince's Trust.
|2003–2005||Total Request Live||Presenter|
|2005, 2007, 2010||Big Brother's Big Mouth||Guest presenter||Channel 4|
|2007–2008||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! NOW!||Co-presenter||ITV2|
|2008||Red Bull Flugtag||Co-presenter|
|27 Dresses: Movie Special||Presenter|
|2010||Live from Studio Five||Co-presenter||Channel 5|
|The Real Hustle||Herself/guest role||BBC Three|
|2010||Big Brother's Little Brother||Co-presenter||Channel 4|
|2011–2015||Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side||Co-presenter||Channel 5|
|2011–2014||Big Brother's Bit on the Side||Co-presenter|
|This Morning||"Hub" presenter||ITV|
|Loose Women||Guest anchor|
|2013||Les Miserables: Movie Special||Co-presenter||ITV|
|Speidi: Scandal, Secrets & Surgery!||Narrator||Channel 5|
|The Paul O'Grady Show||Guest presenter|
|2013—||Big Brother||Presenter||Channel 5|
|Celebrity Big Brother||Presenter|
|2014—||The Voice UK||Co-presenter||BBC One|
|2014||Mum of the Year Awards||Presenter||Channel 5|
|2015||Reality Bites||Team captain||ITV2|
|Prized Apart||Co-presenter||BBC One|
- Guest appearances
- Never Mind the Buzzcocks (13 March 2005, 25 November 2013)
- All Star Family Fortunes (11 October 2008)
- All Star Mr & Mrs (30 May 2009)
- Lorraine (16 August 2011, 7 January 2014)
- Loose Women (1 June 2012, 20 September 2013)
- Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two (2012, 2013)
- Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel (18 July 2013)
- Celebrity Juice (31 October 2013, 7 May 2015)
- Alan Carr's New Year Specstacular (31 December 2013)
- Catchphrase: Mother's Day Special (30 March 2014)
- The Paul O'Grady Show (15 May 2015)
- Cains, Eleanor (18 March 2014). "Celebrity birthdays: 5 things you didn’t know about Emma Willis". Yahoo! Celebrity. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Big Brother: Brian Dowling to be replaced by Emma Willis as host? – Big Brother News – Reality TV. Digital Spy (13 March 2013). Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Leigh, Rob. (13 March 2013) Big Brother: Emma Willis 'in running to take over from Brian Dowling' – Mirror Online. Daily Mirror. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Emma Willis replaces Brian Dowling as presenter of ‘Big Brother’. Telly Spy (2 April 2013). Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Emma Willis in gear for Style In The City". Birmingham Post. 3 September 2009. Archived from the original on 7 November 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2014. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "bpi" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page). Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "bpi" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Martin, Charlotte (11 August 2010). "Isabelle is a Bundle of joy!". The Sun.
- Hebenton, Alana. "INTERVIEWING EMMA WILLIS". Baby Surrey.
- Emma Willis | Presenters & Experts | This Morning. Itv.com (4 September 2013). Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Emma Willis show 'Prize Island' to be axed by ITV? – TV News. Digital Spy (25 June 2013). Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Brian Dowling Axed?". Being Big Brother. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- Emma Willis replaces Brian Dowling as new Channel 5 Big Brother host – Big Brother News – Reality TV. Digital Spy (2 April 2013). Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Emma Willis revealed as Tesco Mum of the Year Awards host. Tescoliving.com (20 March 2014). Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Big Brother's Emma Willis announced as new presenter of 'The Voice' UK – The Voice News – Reality TV. Digital Spy (14 September 2013). Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- The Voice UK renewed for two more series – The Voice News – Reality TV. Digital Spy. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Stephen Mulhurn and Emma Willis Heart
- 2014 National Television Awards – Longlist Nominations Digital Spy. 17 September 2013. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "What Matt goes to church for". The Sun. News Group Newspapers Ltd. 10 July 2008. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- "Matt Willis weds Emma Griffiths fresh out of rehab". Daily Mirror. MGN Limited. 6 July 2008. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- "Willis, Griffiths welcome baby daughter". Digital Spy Limited. 22 June 2009. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- Matt and Emma Willis have a baby girl. Nowmagazine.co.uk (23 June 2009). Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Biz, TV (17 March 2010). "Five back Emma as a Live star". The Sun.
- Three ITV Press Centre, 3 May 2012