|Military Administrator of Katsina State|
9 December 1993 – 22 August 1996
|Preceded by||Saidu Barda|
|Succeeded by||Samaila Bature Chamah|
Lt, Commander, Acholonu was Directing Staff Junior Division Navy at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji from August 1986 – May 1988. Appointed governor of Katsina State in December 1993 after the coup that brought General Sani Abacha to power, Group Captain Acholonu defined improvements in water and education as his primary objectives. In 1996 he said a law making it illegal to withdraw girls from schools would soon be enacted. In September 1998, General Abdulsalami Abubakar appointed him a member of the military Provisional Ruling Council. After the return to democracy in 1999, Acholonu was required to retire, as were all other former military administrators.
- "Nigerian States". WorldStatesmen. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
- "LIST OF DIRECTING STAFF". Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC) Jaji, Nigeria. Archived from the original on 2011-07-27. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
- Law C. Fejokwu (1996). Nigeria: a viable black power : resources, potentials & challenges. Polcom Press. p. 194. ISBN 978-31594-1-0.
- Renée Ilene Pittin (2002). Women and work in northern Nigeria: transcending boundaries. Palgrave Macmillan. p. 440. ISBN 0-333-98456-0.
- "IRIN-WA Update 298 of Events in West Africa, (Friday)". IRIN. 18 September 1998. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
- "OBASANJO HIRES & FIRES". NIGERIAN DEMOCRATIC MOVEMENT (NDM). July 1, 1999. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
|This biographical article related to the Nigerian military is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|