Ogbah in 2017
|No. 90 – Cleveland Browns|
November 6, 1993|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||275 lb (125 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 2 / Pick: 32|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 3, 2018|
Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogbah (born November 6, 1993) is an American football defensive end for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Oklahoma State, and was drafted by the Browns with the first pick in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft (32nd overall).
Ogbah was born in Lagos, Nigeria and moved to Houston, Texas in the United States at the age of nine. He attended George Bush High School in Fort Bend County, Texas. He committed to Oklahoma State University to play college football. He chose Oklahoma State in part based on recommendations from Russell Okung, who is a fellow Nigerian and attended George Bush High and Oklahoma State.
After redshirting as a true freshman in 2012, Ogbah played in all 13 games of the 2013 season. He finished the year with 20 tackles and four sacks. As a sophomore in 2014, he was named the Big-12 Defensive Lineman of the Year after recording 49 tackles and 11 sacks.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 in
|35 1⁄2 in
|4.63 s||1.58 s||2.68 s||4.50 s||7.26 s||35.5 in
|10 ft 1 in
|All values from NFL Combine,|
Ogbah was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the second round, 32nd overall, of the 2016 NFL Draft. On May 25, 2016, he signed a four-year contract worth $6.6 million, which included a $3 million signing bonus. Ogbah was listed as a starter for the Browns for the season opener. He started all 16 games for the Browns as a rookie, finishing sixth on the team with 53 tackles and leading the team with 5.5 sacks.
In 2017, Ogbah entered the season as the Browns' starting defensive end. He started the first 10 games before suffering a foot injury in Week 11. It was revealed that he suffered a fractured foot and was ruled out for the season. He was placed on injured reserve on November 21, 2017.
- Oklahoma State football: Introducing Emmanuel Ogbah
- Oklahoma State’s Emmanuel Ogbah took advice from Russell Okung
- Bush’s Ogbah striving for individual, team success at Oklahoma State
- Emmanuel Ogbah's decision to return could pay off for Oklahoma State Cowboys
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Emmanuel Ogbah". National Football League.
- Cabot, Mary Kay (April 29, 2016). "Emmanuel Ogbah drafted by the Cleveland Browns at No. 32". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved August 28, 2016.
- Cabot, Mary Kay (May 26, 2016). "Browns rookie OLB Emmanuel Ogbah signs 4-year contract". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved August 28, 2016.
- Patsko, Scott (September 6, 2016). "The Browns' depth chart for Week 1 has 3 rookie starters, 7 rookie backups". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
- Williams, Charean (November 19, 2017). "Emmanuel Ogbah out for season with fractured foot". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Gribble, Andrew (November 20, 2017). "Browns DE Emmanuel Ogbah set for season-ending foot surgery". ClevelandBrowns.com.
- "Browns sign DB Justin Currie, DL Tyrone Holmes; place DL Jamie Meder, DL Emmanuel Ogbah on IR". ClevelandBrowns.com. November 21, 2017.