||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (February 2012)|
|Full name||Emmanuele Gabriel Smith|
|Date of birth||8 November 1988|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2007||→ Halesowen Town (loan)||5||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13:28, 6 January 2016 (UTC).
He was captain of Walsall reserve team during the 2006–07 season. He was on the verge of the first team during this very season, however the management at Walsall believed that he lacked that competitive match experience which was needed to become a first-team regular.
He was allowed to link up with Southern Football League Premier Division side, Halesowen Town on loan. During his short time at the club Smith made five league appearances for the Birmingham-based outfit before returning to Bescot Stadium, to make his professional debut on 7 April 2007 in Walsall's Football League Two clash with Torquay United. The centre half came on as a 70th-minute substitute in this game replacing Craig Pead.
Smith started the 2007–08 campaign in high spirit after making his debut in the previous season, the he had also just signed another contract with the club in May 2007, meaning he would remain at the Bescot Stadium until May 2008.
This would prove to be a difficult season for him, especially if he wanted to climb back up the ladder and break back into the first-team. However, during the start of the season he failed to do so spending a lot of time playing in the reserve side. February 2008, turned out to be a big month him following the sale of defensive colleague Scott Dann, who joined Coventry City towards the very end of the January transfer window.
He signed a new two-year contract with the club on 10 May 2010.
In February 2012, Manny was disciplined by the club for his offensive tweet to a lifelong supporter.
O 9 July 2012, Smith signed a two-year deal with League One side Notts County. He played his first competitive game for the club in a League Cup match against Bradford City. However he was stretchered off in the first half after twisting his knee in a challenge with Alan Connell, it was later confirmed by Keith Curle that Smith would be out for 3 months
On 5 August 2014, he signed with Conference Premier side Wrexham. The 25-year-old centre-back has joined the Dragons on a one-year deal after impressing on trial. Manny Smith played in every minute of Wrexham's 61 league and cup games with 1 goal, the opening goal in the 3-1 win over Maidstone in the FA Cup 2nd round, in the 2014-15 season as his brilliant performances in the heart of Wrexham's defence earned him the adoration of the Wrexham fans and the club's Player of the Season award. Smith signed a new one-year deal with Wrexham after the 2014-15 season, keeping him at the Red Dragons for the 2015-16 season.
|This section is outdated. (July 2014)|
- As of 16 May 2012
|Club||Season||League[A]||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[B]||Total|
|Halesowen Town (loan)||
- Brian Halford. "Torquay 1 Walsall 2". Birmingham Mail.
- "Coventry sign Dann from Walsall". BBC Sport. 1 February 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2010.
- "Walsall release seven including Dwayne Mattis". BBC Sport. 10 May 2010.
- "Players fined for Twitter comments". The FA. 1 March 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Manny becomes a Magpie". Notts County F.C. 9 July 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Notts target new defender after Smith ruled out for three months". Nottingham Post. 18 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Walsall 2006/2007 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Walsall 2007/2008 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Walsall 2008/2009 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Walsall 2009/2010 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Walsall 2010/2011 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Walsall 2011/2012 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.