Emmanuelle Cosse in 2010
|Minister of Housing and Sustainable Habitat|
11 February 2016 – 10 May 2017
|Prime Minister||Manuel Valls
|Preceded by||Sylvia Pinel|
|Succeeded by||Richard Ferrand
|National Secretary of Europe Ecology – The Greens|
30 November 2013 – 11 February 2016
|Preceded by||Pascal Durand|
|Succeeded by||David Cormand|
|Member of the Regional Council
26 March 2010
15 November 1974 |
|Political party||Europe Ecology – The Greens|
|Spouse(s)||Denis Baupin (m. 2015)|
Emmanuelle Cosse (born 15 November 1974) is a French activist with LGBT and feminist groups, and a politician with the green party Europe Ecology – The Greens, as well as a journalist and magazine editor.
A member of a prominent Leftist family, she first became an activist as a student with the Fédération indépendante et démocratique lycéenne.
The successor to Philippe Mangeot, from 1999 to 2001 she was president of ACT UP-Paris, the local chapter of international LGBT rights and HIV/AIDS direct action group ACT UP. She was Co-Editor in Chief of the high-profile magazine Regards, after having worked for several newspapers.
She ran as a candidate with the party Europe Écologie (now Europe Écologie – Les Verts) during the 2010 French regional elections, in Île-de-France, which includes the city of Paris. She is currently Vice-President of the Regional Council of Île-de-France, administering the housing portfolio, since March 26, 2010. On 30 November 2013, she is elected General Secretary (in French secrétaire nationale) of Europe Écologie – Les Verts (EELV).
On 11 February 2016, she was appointed to French President François Hollande's cabinet as Minister for Housing and Sustainable Habitat. She resigned from her position as General Secretary of Europe Ecology - Les Verts on the same day.
- Libération : Emmanuelle Cosse, 25 ans, nouvelle présidente d'Act Up. Première femme, hétérosexuelle et séronégative, à diriger l'association. Virus militant.
- L'Humanité : Emmanuelle Cosse, l’activisme au féminin
- Europe Ecologie : Les candidats Europe Ecologie présentent leurs voeux à la presse
- French Greens elect new General Secretary and party board - European Green Party, 3 Dec. 2013
- "Cosse au Logement, les Verts à la rue". Liberation. February 11, 2016.