||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
Seigner at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival.
22 June 1966 |
|Occupation||actress, model, singer|
|Spouse(s)||Roman Polanski (1989–present; 2 children)|
Emmanuelle Seigner (born 22 June 1966) is a French actress, former fashion model, and singer, also known as the wife of French-Polish director Roman Polanski, and for her roles in The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007) and Frantic (1988). She has been nominated for a César Award for Best Actress for Venus in Fur (2013), and for two César Awards for Best Supporting Actress in Place Vendôme (1998) and La Vie En Rose (2007).
Life and career
Seigner was born in Paris, France, to a photographer father and a journalist mother. She is the granddaughter of the actor Louis Seigner (1903–1991) and sister of the actress Mathilde Seigner. She was educated at a Catholic convent school, and began modelling at the age of fourteen. Capitalizing on her appearance she achieved international status as a professional model. She married Roman Polanski on 30 August 1989, and they have two children: daughter Morgane and son Elvis. Her husband directed her in Frantic (1988), opposite Harrison Ford, and later in Bitter Moon (1992), as well as The Ninth Gate (1999), co-starring Johnny Depp. In 2010, Seigner was featured in Jerzy Skolimowski's Essential Killing, which went on to win the Special Jury Prize at the Venice Film Festival. In 2012, she played the principal role of Vanda in Polanski's French film adaption of David Ives's two-character play Venus in Fur, based on the German novel of the near-same name, for which she received much acclaim as a vulgar yet sensual maîtresse of Thomas (Mathieu Amalric).
Seigner appears as the main character in the music video "Hands Around My Throat" by Death in Vegas. In 2006, she became lead singer of the pop rock band Ultra Orange, and the group's name was changed to Ultra Orange & Emmanuelle. Seigner and Polanski live with their two children in Paris. She was an ambassadress of the Polish brand Dr Irena Eris.
- L'Année des méduses (1984)
- Détective (1985)... Princess of the Bahamas
- Cours privé (1986)... Zanon
- Frantic (1988)... Michelle
- Dark Illness (1990)... Giuseppe's wife
- Bitter Moon (1992)... Mimi
- Le Sourire (1994)... Odile
- Pourvu que ça dure (1996)... Julie Neyrac
- Nirvana (1997)... Lisa
- La Divine poursuite (1997)... Bobbi
- R.P.M. (1997)... Michelle Claire
- Place Vendôme (1998)... Nathalie
- The Ninth Gate (1999)... The Girl
- Buddy Boy (1999)... Gloria
- Laguna (2001)... Thelma Pianon
- Streghe verso nord (2001)... Lucilla
- Corps à corps (2003)... Laura Bartelli
- Os Imortais (2003)... Madeleine Durand
- Backstage (2005)... Lauren Waks
- La Vie en Rose (2007)... Titine
- Le Scaphandre et le papillon (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) (2007)... Céline
- Berlin: Live at St. Ann's Warehouse (2008)... Caroline
- Giallo (2009)... Linda
- Le Code a Changé (2009)... Sarah Mattei
- Essential Killing (2010)... Margaret
- In the House (2012)... Esther Artole
- A Few Hours of Spring (2012)... Clémence
- Venus in Fur (2013)... Vanda
- "Emmanuelle Seigner Biography (1966-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- La Vénus à la Fourrure. Premiere (in French). Retrieved 21 November 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Emmanuelle Seigner.|
- Emmanuelle Seigner at the Internet Movie Database
- Emmanuelle Seigner at the Fashion Model Directory
- Emmanuelle Seigner at AllMovie
- Emmanuelle Seigner at AlloCiné (French)