Emmett J. Conrad High School
|Emmett J. Conrad High School|
|7502 Fair Oaks Avenue|
Dallas, Texas 75231
|School district||Dallas Independent School District|
|Number of students||1,153|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and Old Gold|
|Trustee dist.||3, Dan Micciche|
|Area||4, Robin Ryan|
Emmett J. Conrad High School is a public high school located in Vickery Meadow, Dallas, Texas. Emmett J. Conrad High School, which covers grades 9-12, is a part of the Dallas Independent School District. The school serves most of Vickery Meadow and the DISD portion of Highland Meadows. It is named for Dallas surgeon and civic leader Emmett James Conrad. In 2015, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency.
Built in 2006 for $42.3 million, the school was designed to hold 2,000 students. The 325,000-square-foot (30,200 m2) building features 46 core classrooms on 40 acres, including classrooms for performing arts, visual arts, media, science, and instructional technology. The campus has student dining areas and athletic fields.
- Cross Country
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field
To date, under the leadership of Athletic Coordinator M.T. Tyeskie, Conrad High School has had 39 students receive athletic scholarships. Conrad has competed in five UIL state tournaments (cross country 2016 and 2017, wrestling 2014 and 2018, and track and field 2018).
Small in size by 5A standards, the Conrad swimming and diving team found some success starting in the 2016-2017 season. Coached by Joanna McDowell, the team earned 3rd place at District UIL competition and won at other various meets.
Conrad has offered robotics programs open to all students to apply since 2009. The program is centered around FIRST Robotics team FRC3005. The RoboChargers is a year round program which meets outside of school hours. The RoboChargers, founded in 2009, have won numerous awards in recent years, including their first "blue banner" event win at the Colorado Regional in 2018. There are also four FIRST Tech Challenge teams, founded in 2017, that are part of the program. The program is supported and mentored by professionals from Texas Instruments, Safeco, Boeing, and Exxon.
As of the 2015-2016 school year, L. L. Hotchkiss, Jack Lowe, Sr., Lee McShan, Jr., and Jill Stone Elementary Schools feed into Tasby Middle School and then Conrad High School. Outside of the Vickery Meadow neighborhood, Highland Meadows Elementary School feeds into Robert T. Hill Middle School and then Conrad High School.
- "Emmett J Conrad H S".
- Dallas ISD - Emmett J. Conrad High School Archived 2007-10-05 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved on 14 June 2007.
- "Emmett J. Conrad High School".
- "2015 DISD Wall Map Trustee Districts" (PDF).
- Dallas ISD - Schools by Area Archived March 15, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved on 14 June 2007.
- Fall 2008 Conrad High School Attendance Zone Grades 9-12 Archived 2008-10-08 at the Wayback Machine.." Dallas Independent School District.
- B., CAMPBELL, RANDOLPH (2010-08-31). "CONRAD, EMMETT JAMES". tshaonline.org. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "2015 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2016-04-22.
- "Dallas ISD Fall 2013 Comprehensive High Schools Enrollment, Capacity and Utilization Percentage" (PDF). Dallas ISD. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- The Athletics Department
- "Fort Worth HS football team snaps historic 77-game losing streak". WFAA. Retrieved 2018-09-05.
- "High School Cluster Feeder Patterns, Magnet Schools, Special Programs, and Alternative Schools 2015-16" (PDF). Dallas ISD. Retrieved June 9, 2018.