|Birth name||Emmanuel Nwankwo|
|Origin||Johannesburg, South Africa|
Emmanuel Nwankwo, known by his stage name Emmy Gee, is a Nigerian rapper based in South Africa. His debut single "Rands and Nairas" peaked at number 7 on South Africa's official music chart. He started recording music at age 16 and worked with producer Shizzi in 2004. He co-founded an entertainment and clothing apparel company known as Teamtalkless.
Early life and breakthrough single
Emmy Gee was born in Nigeria and is of the Igbo tribe. He is the last born of four siblings. He completed his primary and secondary education in Nigeria prior to moving to South Africa. Emmy Gee's debut single "Rands and Nairas" was released in 2013. It features rap vocals from AB Crazy and DJ Dimplez. In an interview with Zalebs in 2014, Emmy Gee said he had a feeling the song was going be successful after recording it. He revealed that AB Crazy wrote the song's hook and said they recorded the song to showcase the unity between Nigeria and South Africa. The music video for "Rands and Nairas" was shot and directed in South Africa by Nick Roux of Molotov Cocktail Productions. On July 14, 2014, Emmy Gee released the remix of "Rands and Nairas", featuring Ice Prince, AB Crazy, Anatii, Phyno, Cassper Nyovest and DJ Dimplez. Emmy Gee was among the few artists selected to perform at MTN's first Mandela Day concert in 2014.
Emmy Gee has a daughter named Emily Grace who was born in South Africa in 2016.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Rands and Nairas"
(featuring AB Crazy and DJ Dimplez)
|"Rands and Nairas (Remix)"
(featuring Ice Prince, AB Crazy, Anatii, Phyno, Cassper Nyovest and DJ Dimplez)
(featuring King Jay)
As featured artist
|Artist||Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|Buffalo Souljah||"Ziyawa" (featuring. Red Button & Emmy Gee)||2014||The Chosen One|
|Bolo J||"This Year" (featuring. Emmy Gee)||2015||Non-album singles|
|DJ Dimplez||"Bae Coupe" (featuring. Ice Prince, Emmy Gee & Riky Rick)|
|DJ Scratch Masta||"To the Tope" (featuring. Emmy Gee, AB Crazy & Eindo)||2016|
|King Jay||"Owami" (featuring. Emmy Gee)|
|Tkinzy||"Shake Ikebe" (featuring. Emmy Gee)|
|Teamtalkless||"Church" (featuring. DJ Dimplez, TRK , Emmy Gee & King Jay) ||2017|
|DJ Kaywise||"Normal Level" (featuring. Ice Prince, Kly & Emmy Gee)||2018||TBA|
Awards and nominations
|Year||Awards ceremony||Award description(s)||Recipient||Results||Ref|
|2014||Nigeria Entertainment Awards||Best Music Video of the Year (Artist & Director)||"Rands and Nairas"||Won|||
|Diaspora Artist of the Year||Himself||Nominated|||
|Channel O Music Video Awards||Most Gifted Newcomer||Nominated|||
|Most Gifted Video of the Year||"Rands and Nairas"||Nominated|
|2015||Nigeria Entertainment Awards||Diaspora Artist of the Year||"Himself"||Nominated|||
- "EMMY GEE Biography". MTV Base. Archived from the original on 28 July 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "AIRPLAY CHART". EMA. Archived from the original on 28 April 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "EMMY GEE: SPENDING RANDS AND NAIRAS". Zalebs. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "New Music: Emmy Gee feat. Ice Prince, AB Crazy, Anatii, Phyno, Cassper Nyovest & DJ Dimplez – Rands and Nairas (Remix)". Bellanaija. 14 July 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Online music gig to honour Madiba". IOL. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Emmy Gee Welcomes His First Born Baby Into The World". SA Hip Hop Mag. 7 January 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2017.
- Solanke, Abiola. "Teamtalkless "Church" ft DJ Dimplez, TRK, Emmy Gee, King Jay". Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 19 August 2017.
- "Nigerian Entertainment Awards; Full List of Winners". Daily Times of Nigeria. 1 September 2014. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- Abimboye, Micheal (31 May 2014). "Pop duo, Skuki, reject Nigerian Entertainment Awards nomination". Premium Times. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- Marshall, Rhodé (5 September 2014). "Channel O Africa announces Music Video Awards nominees". Mail & Guardian. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Olayinka, Obey (7 September 2015). "See Moments From The 10th NEA Awards And List Of Winners [PICTURES]". Naij. Retrieved 19 August 2017.