Raver-Lampman in 2019
|Alma mater||Marymount Manhattan College|
Emmy Raver-Lampman (born September 5, 1988) is an American actress and singer. She began her career working in musical theater, and has performed in various Broadway and national touring productions such as Hair, Jekyll & Hyde, Wicked, and Hamilton.
Raver-Lampman was born and raised in Norfolk, Virginia. She was adopted as a newborn; her adoptive mother Sharon is a professor at Old Dominion University, while her father Greg is a writer and teacher. She is an only child, has traveled widely (over 50 countries) and lived in the Czech Republic, Ukraine and India when she was young due to her mother's work.
She attended a performing arts high school, Governor's School for the Arts, as well as Maury High in Norfolk. She then attended Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. She began working as a professional actress while in school and began studying remotely for her junior year. She landed a part in a production of Hair, and she left her course temporarily with just a semester left before graduation, but eventually returned to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Theater in 2012.
Raver-Lampman's career began in musical theatre. Her first professional theater role was in a May 2010 production of Children of Eden, produced by the Astoria Performing Arts Center. She auditioned for the musical while she was a sophomore at college and won a leading role. She then auditioned for and subsequently joined the 2010 national tour of Hair, from which she earned her Equity card.
Raver-Lampman made her Broadway debut in Summer 2011, when Hair made a return to Broadway with its touring production. She left Hair when the production closed on Broadway that September. The following Fall, Raver-Lampman joined the third national tour of the musical Jekyll & Hyde as an ensemble member and understudy for the lead role, Lucy Harris. The production transferred to Broadway in April 2013 for a two-month limited engagement but closed after a month. Later in 2013, Raver-Lampman was cast in the Broadway original production of A Night with Janis Joplin. She performed as a swing until the show closed in February 2014 and was subsequently cast in the First U.S. tour of the musical Wicked as a replacement standby for the lead role of Elphaba.
Following her one-year contract with Wicked, Raver-Lampman returned to New York in March 2015, and later auditioned for one of the two ensemble roles that Hamilton was adding to its show after its Off-Broadway run. She was cast and became part of the original ensemble cast of Hamilton on Broadway, as well as an understudy for all three lead female roles: Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy/Maria Reynolds. Hamilton opened in August 2015. In September 2015, Raver-Lampman was part of a star-studded reading of an original rock musical titled Galileo. In December of that year, she took part in an MCC Theatre workshop of Alice By Heart.
In January 2016, it was announced that she was cast as Pearl Krabs in the Chicago production tryout of the musical SpongeBob SquarePants. She left Hamilton in April 2016, and is one of the two original cast members who did not take part in the filming of the production. She returned to Hamilton later that year as an original member of the show's Chicago production, which began previews in September 2016. In March 2017, she joined the show's first national tour, starring as Angelica. She toured with the show until the end of 2017, performing in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
In late 2019, it was announced that she would be joining her former Hamilton castmate Solea Pfeiffer as co-stars of the new original musical Gun & Powder, directed by Robert O'Hara. The show had a month-long regional engagement in Arlington, Virginia, which opened on January 28, 2020.
Raver-Lampman landed her first major television role in 2017, portraying Allison Hargreeves in The Umbrella Academy, opposite actors Ellen Page and Tom Hopper, among others. The show was filmed during the first half of 2018 and was released on Netflix in February 2019. The show was Netflix's third most popular series in 2019, with more than 45 million viewers. Raver-Lampman filmed the second season over five months in 2019, with the season premiering in July 2020.
Throughout 2019, she also had guest roles in television shows like A Million Little Things and Jane the Virgin. Raver-Lampman was featured on the 2019 album Seven Nights in Chicago by Daveed Diggs and Rafael Casal. In July 2020, it was announced that Raver-Lampman would be replacing Kristen Bell as the voice of Molly Tillerman in the Apple TV+ show Central Park. The announcement came after Bell resigned from her role, due to a controversy over her performance as a mixed-race character. Raver-Lampman will voice Molly in the second season of the series.
|2016||Odd Mom Out||Woman on Date||Episode: "Hamming It Up"|
|2018||A Million Little Things||Rebecca||Episode: "Friday Night Dinner"|
|2019||American Dad!||Travel Agent (voice)||Episode: "Stompe le Monde"|
|2019||Jane the Virgin||Lily Lofton||Episodes: "Chapter Ninety-seven"; "Chapter Ninety-eight"|
|2019||Robot Chicken||Peppermint / Boy's Mother (voice)||Episode: "Robot Chicken's Santa's Dead (Spoiler Alert) Holiday Murder Thing Special"|
|2019–present||The Umbrella Academy||Allison Hargreeves / Number Three / The Rumor||Main role; 20 Episodes|
|TBA||Central Park||Molly Tillerman (voice)||Lead role; Season 2|
|2010||Children of Eden||Eve / Mama Noah||Off-off-Broadway production|
Understudy: Dionne, Abraham Lincoln
|Broadway return of tour|
|2012–2013||Jekyll & Hyde||Ensemble
Understudy: Lucy Harris
|Third national tour|
|2013–2014||A Night with Janis Joplin||Swing
|Original Broadway cast|
|2014–2015||Wicked||Elphaba (standby)||First national tour replacement|
Understudy: Angelica, Eliza, Peggy / Maria Reynolds
|Original Broadway production|
|2016||SpongeBob SquarePants||Pearl Krabs||Original Chicago production|
Understudy: Angelica, Eliza, Peggy / Maria Reynolds
|Angelica||First national tour|
|2020||Gun & Powder||Martha||Original Virginia production|
- Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording) (2015); company member
- Bonnie and Clyde and a Whole Lotta Jazz (Live at 54 Below) (2016), composed by Frank Wildhorn; featured vocalist
- SpongeBob SquarePants, The New Musical (2017); company member and featured on "Daddy Knows Best"
- Blindspotting: The Collin EP (2018), by Daveed Diggs and Rafael Casal; featured artist on "Something in the Water"
- The Umbrella Academy (Original Series Soundtrack) (2019), composed by Jeff Russo; featured vocalist on "Stormy Weather"
- Seven Nights in Chicago (2019), by Daveed Diggs and Rafael Casal; featured artist on "At this Point" and "No Feels"
- The Good & The Bad (2019), by Anthony Ramos; background vocalist on "Comeback Home"
- Three Points of Contact (2019), concept album composed by Ryan Scott Oliver; featured artist on "Bleed You Dry"
- emmyraver (September 5, 2018). "II MAKING. WISHES. II". Instagram.
- Bonko, Larry (February 24, 2019). "Norfolk native Emmy Raver-Lampman makes the jump from "Hamilton" to Netflix". The Virginian-Pilot. Archived from the original on February 28, 2019. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
- Gelt, Jessica (August 10, 2017). "From chorus girl to leading lady: Emmy Raver-Lampman, the Cinderella of 'Hamilton'". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on February 16, 2019. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
- Komonibo, Ineye (July 28, 2020). "Maybe You've Heard A Rumor About Umbrella Academy's Emmy Raver-Lampman. Maybe It's True". Refinery29.
- "Sharon Raver-Lampman". Old Dominion University. Archived from the original on 2013-03-21. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- "Journalist's Bout with Cancer Reminds Readers What Matters". The Virginian-Pilot. January 8, 1995. Archived from the original on March 30, 2019. Retrieved March 30, 2019.
- "Brain Tumor Survivor: Greg R." The Musella Foundation For Brain Tumor Research & Information, Inc. Archived from the original on 2019-03-30. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- "From chorus girl to leading lady: Emmy Raver-Lampman, the Cinderella of 'Hamilton'". Los Angeles Times. 2017-08-10. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- Yiorgo (Apr 23, 2014). "Something 'Wicked' is coming – Norfolk native has standby role for Elphaba in stage production of 'Wicked'". The Flagship. Archived from the original on March 6, 2019. Retrieved March 3, 2019.
- "Getting to know the cast of HAMILTON: Emmy Raver-Lampman and Ruben J. Carbajal". SHN Magazine. June 15, 2017. Archived from the original on March 6, 2019. Retrieved March 3, 2019.
- "Emmy Raver-Lampman Broadway and Theatre Credits". Broadway World. Archived from the original on 2019-02-28. Retrieved 2019-02-27.
- Trapunski, Charles (February 23, 2019). "INTERVIEW: The Umbrella Academy's Emmy Raver-Lampman". BriefTake. Archived from the original on March 6, 2019. Retrieved March 3, 2019.
- Gans, Andrew (September 18, 2015). "Anthony Rapp, Lena Hall, Darren Criss, Carolee Carmello Part of Musical Reading from 'Empire' Creator". Playbill. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- Clement, Robert Viagas,Olivia (December 18, 2015). "Ben Platt, Ashley Park, Mary Testa Lead Steven Sater-Duncan Sheik Alice By Heart Musical Workshop". Playbill. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- "Hamilton – Broadway Musical – Angelica Tour | IBDB". www.ibdb.com. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- Gans, Andrew (December 16, 2019). "Solea Pfeiffer and Emmy Raver-Lampman Will Star in World Premiere of New Musical Gun & Powder". Playbill. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- Otterson, Joe (November 30, 2017). "'Umbrella Academy' Netflix Series Rounds Out Cast With 'Game of Thrones' Alum, 'Hamilton' Star". Variety. Archived from the original on March 27, 2019. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- Littleton, Cynthia (December 30, 2019). "'Stranger Things 3,' 'The Witcher,' 'When They See Us' Among Netflix's Most Popular TV Shows in 2019". Variety.
- Darus, Alex (June 17, 2019). "'The Umbrella Academy' season 2 confirms filming began with on-set look". AltPress. Retrieved September 5, 2019.
- Fierberg, Ruthie (August 9, 2019). "Daveed Diggs and Rafael Casal Drop Seven Nights in Chicago Album August 9". Playbill. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- Petski, Denise (July 24, 2020). "'Central Park': Emmy Raver-Lampman Joins Apple Series In Recasting For Mixed-Race Character Originally Voiced By Kristen Bell". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 24, 2020.
- Hamilton: An American Musical [Original Broadway Cast Recording] - Lin-Manuel Miranda | Credits | AllMusic, retrieved 2020-07-26
- Bonnie & Clyde & A Whole Lotta Jazz: Live at 54 Below - Frank Wildhorn | Credits | AllMusic, retrieved 2020-07-26
- Viagas, Robert (August 11, 2016). "SpongeBob Musical Is Recording Its Cast Album This Week". Playbill. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The New Musical - Original Cast Recording | Credits | AllMusic, retrieved 2020-07-26
- Blindspotting: The Collin EP - Various Artists | Credits | AllMusic, retrieved 2020-07-26
- "The Umbrella Academy Season 1 - Soundtrack & Song Listing". What's on Netflix. 2019-02-16. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- The Good & the Bad - Anthony Ramos | Credits | AllMusic, retrieved 2020-07-26
- Staff, Playbill (July 24, 2020). "Upcoming Cast Recordings". Playbill. Retrieved 2020-07-26.