Emphasis! (On Parenthesis)
|Emphasis! (On Parenthesis)|
|Studio album by |
Stanton Moore Trio
|Released||April 22, 2008|
|Recorded||Dockside Studios , Lafayette, LA by Mike Napolitano November 29, 2007 - December 2, 2007|
|Producer||Stanton Moore, Mike Napolitano|
|Stanton Moore Trio chronology|
|All About Jazz link|
Emphasis! (On Parenthesis) is an album by the Stanton Moore Trio, released on April 22, 2008. Organist Robert Walter and guitarist Will Bernard, both of whom played with Moore on his previous solo album, III, are featured on the album.
Notably, each track on the album features a title containing a parenthetical statement, as does the title of the album. This is Moore's response to the gentle ribbing of his Galactic bandmates that he includes brackets in almost every song he writes.
- Stanton Moore: drums
- Robert Walter: Hammond B3 organ, piano, toy piano, clavinet
- Will Bernard: guitar
- "(Late Night at the) Maple Leaf" - 6:27
- "(Proper) Gender" - 2:56
- "Wissions (of Vu)" - 3:22
- "(Sifting Through the) African Diaspora" - 5:10
- "Over (Compensatin')" - 4:37
- "(Smell My) Special Ingredients" - 5:39
- "(I Have) Super Strength" - 3:48
- "(Who Ate the) Layer Cake?" - 4:28
- "Thanks! (Again)" - 2:57
- "(Put On Your) Big People Shoes" - 4:08
- "(Here Come the) Brown Police" - 3:20
- [https://www.allmusic.com/album/r1347479 All About Jazz http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=29246 link
- "allmusic ((( Emphasis! on Parenthesis ))) > Overview". Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Stanton Moore Discography". Archived from the original on 2008-07-23. Retrieved 2008-08-08.