Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer
|Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer|
|Awarded for||Best breakthrough performance by an actress|
|Presented by||Empire magazine|
|Currently held by||Daisy Ridley - Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2016)|
The Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer is an Empire Award presented annually by the British film magazine Empire to honor an actress who has delivered a breakthrough performance while working within the film industry. The Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer is one of two ongoing awards which were first introduced at the 17th Empire Awards ceremony in 2012 (along with Best Male Newcomer) with Felicity Jones receiving the award for her role in Like Crazy. Karen Gillan is the most recent winner in this category for her roles in Oculus and Guardians of the Galaxy. Winners are voted by the readers of Empire magazine.
Winners and nominees
In the list below, winners are listed first in boldface, followed by the other nominees. The number of the ceremony (1st, 2nd, etc.) appears in parentheses after the awards year, linked to the article (if any) on that ceremony.
- O'Hara, Helen (March 26, 2012). "Jameson Empire Award Nominations 2012. The nominees are here!". Empireonline.com. Bauer Consumer Media. Retrieved October 10, 2014.
- "Best Female Newcomer". Empireonline.com. Bauer Consumer Media. 2012. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Best Female Newcomer". Empireonline.com. Bauer Consumer Media. 2013. Retrieved August 18, 2004.
- "Best Female Newcomer". Empireonline.com. Bauer Consumer Media. 2014. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Best Female Newcomer". Empireonline.com. Bauer Consumer Media. 2015. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- Barraclough, Leo (March 30, 2015). "‘Interstellar’ wins Film, Director at Empire Awards". Variety.com. Penske Business Media. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Jameson Empire Awards 2016: Star Wars and Mad Max lead the nominations