From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Empire Brass Quintet)
Empire Brass performing in 2006
As of May 2015, its members include:
- Derek Lockhart, trumpet
- Eric Berlin, trumpet
- Victor Sungarian, French horn
- Greg Spiridopoulos, trombone
- Kenneth Amis, tuba
- Trumpeter Rolf Smedvig (founder) died on April 27, 2015.
- "Rolf Smedvig, 62; virtuoso trumpeter who cofounded renowned brass quintet". Boston Globe. May 5, 2015. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- Wise, Brian (April 28, 2015). "Rolf Smedvig, Trumpeter Who Founded Empire Brass, Dies at 63". WQXR-FM. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
The quintet was a co-winner of the Naumberg Chamber Music Award in 1976 and had also begun a long-term residency at Boston University.
- Woodstra, Chris; Brennan, Gerald; Allen, Schrott (2005). All Music Guide to Classical Music. Hal Leonard Corporation. p. 417. ISBN 9780879308650.
- Acton, Nancy (April 21, 2006). "Major weekend treat for organ music lovers". The Royal Gazette. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a classical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|