|Location||Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States|
|Developer||General Growth|
|Owner||Simon Property Group|
|No. of stores and services||140 (in 2017)|
|No. of anchor tenants||4 (1 under redevelopment)|
|Total retail floor area||1,125,718 square feet (104,582.6 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
Empire Mall is a shopping mall in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States. As of December 2018, there were four anchors with a plan for a new Dillard's. As of August 2018, the mall was owned by Simon Property Group. As of July 2017, it has been managed by Dan Giles who replaced Ron Soucie. In 2016, Ron Soucie replaced Dennis Gilliam.
On December 3, 2018, Dillard's announced it will open a store in the vacant Younkers anchor store space. 40,000 sq feet of space will be added on to the existing 100,000 sq feet of the former Younkers space. Dillards plans on opening in late fall 2019.
Originally developed in 1975 by General Growth, it was sold when that REIT was liquidated in 1984. In 1998 it was acquired by a joint venture of The Macerich Company and Simon Property Group, with Macerich assuming the role of managing partner. In 2018, Simon Property Group, owner of the mall, posted a document about plans for the mall after losing two tenants.
- "New Empire Mall manager Dan Gies: Mall seeks to 'deepen' position with local entrepreneurs". Argus Leader. 25 July 2017. Retrieved 2019-01-03.
- "Dillard's department store coming to Sioux Falls". SiouxFalls.Business. 2018-12-03. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
- Fugleberg, Jeremy (May 31, 2018). "The Empire Mall is losing another anchor store". Sioux Falls Argus Leader.
- "Empire Mall leasing document drops clues on future of Sears, Younkers sites". Argus Leader. 31 August 2018. Retrieved 2019-01-03.
- "The Empire Mall hires new manager". Argus Leader. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 2019-01-03.
- Raposa, Megan (April 6, 2018). "Younkers in The Empire Mall to close, 100+ expected to lose jobs". Sioux Falls Argus Leader.
- "DeBartolo, Macerich buy 12 regional malls". Daily News Record. 1998-01-02. Archived from the original on 2012-10-22. Retrieved 2008-10-14.