Empire of Silver (film)
|Empire of Silver|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Christina Yao|
|Produced by||Jeremy Thomas
Chiao Hsiung Ping
|Written by||Christina Yao|
|Music by||Su Cong
|Cinematography||Anthony Yiu Ming Pun (H.K.S.C.)|
|Edited by||Humphrey Dixon
Liao Ching Song
|Distributed by||Edko Films|
Empire of Silver (simplified Chinese: 白银帝国; traditional Chinese: 白銀帝國; pinyin: Báiyín Dìguó; Jyutping: Baak6 Ngan4 Dai3 Gwok3) is a 2009 film written and directed by Christina Yao. The historical epic focuses on a wealthy banking clan in Pingyao, Shanxi and its fortunes during the turn-of-the-century Chinese economic and political turmoil. The movie stars Aaron Kwok and Jennifer Tilly.
- Third Master — Aaron Kwok
- Master Kang — Zhang Tielin
- Madame Kang — Hao Lei
- Mrs. Landdeck — Jennifer Tilly
- Pastor Landdeck — Jonathan Kos-Read
- Empire of Silver at the Internet Movie Database
- Cheney, Alexandra (March 28, 2011). "Chinese Period Film 'Empire of Silver' Melds History, Art, Business Ethics". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved May 2, 2011.
- Elley, Derek (February 23, 2009). "Empire of Silver (review)". Variety. Retrieved May 2, 2011.
- "The Empire of Silver and the Confucian Path to Banking(review)". The Berkeley Daily Planet. October 7, 2012. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
|This Hong Kong film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|