Employee Appreciation Day
|Employee Appreciation Day|
|Observed by||United States, Canada,|
|Date||First Friday in March|
|2018 date||March 2|
|2019 date||March 1|
|2020 date||March 6|
|2021 date||March 5|
Employee Appreciation Day is an unofficial holiday observed on the first Friday in March. It is a day for companies to thank their employees for their hard work and effort throughout the year. This day was created for the purpose of strengthening the bond between employer and employee. According to David Nuualiitia "Employee Appreciation Day first arrived on calendars in 1995. One of Recognition Professionals International’s founding Board members, Bob Nelson, together with his publishing company, Workman Publishing, created Employee Appreciation Day as a way of focusing the attention of all employers, in all industries on employee recognition." 
Though the holiday is still gaining in adoption in the U.S. and abroad, like Boss's Day, Employee Appreciation Day has become an opportunity for managers, company leadership and HR to remember the importance of appreciating employees. Companies often celebrate by letting employees leave early, offering gifts, events or special recognition for workers. Studies show that recognition and appreciation are growing in importance as drivers of employee happiness and engagement. This has resulted in more and more companies and organizations using the day to thank their employees.
Many publications such as Inc. magazine, Forbes, and Boston.com, are writing about the holiday to remind employers to recognize and reward employee effort and to offer tips for building a stronger corporate culture through appreciation. Showing employees appreciation can result in a company's higher retention rate, not only increasing the productivity of employees but the company as a whole. 
- "Time and Date — Employee Appreciation Day in United States". Timeanddate.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- Quast, Lisa. "5 Ways To Celebrate Employee Appreciation Day". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- "Inc - 5 Great Ideas for Employee Appreciation Day". Inc.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "National Law Review on Employee Appreciation Day". Natlawreview.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "Inc - 7 Last Minute Ideas for Employee Appreciation Day". Inc.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "Forbes - 25 Low Cost Ways to Reward Employees". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "Boston.com - What Would You Actually Appreciate?". Boston.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "The Benefits of Employee Recognition". FineAwards.com. Retrieved 23 September 2016.