Employee Appreciation Day
|Employee Appreciation Day|
|Observed by||United States, Canada,|
|Date||First Friday in March|
|2017 date||March 3|
|2018 date||March 2|
|2019 date||March 1|
|2020 date||March 6|
Employee Appreciation Day is an unofficial holiday observed on the first Friday in March in the United States and Canada. It is a day for companies to thank their employees for their hard work and effort throughout the year. This day was created for the purpose of strengthening the bond between employer and employee.
Though the holiday is still gaining in adoption in the U.S. and abroad, like Boss's Day, Employee Appreciation Day has become an opportunity for managers, company leadership and HR to remember the importance of appreciating employees. Companies often celebrate by letting employees leave early, offering gifts, events or special recognition for workers. Studies show that recognition and appreciation are growing in importance as drivers of employee happiness and engagement. This has resulted in more and more companies and organizations using the day to thank their employees.
Many publications such as Inc. magazine, Forbes, and Boston.com, are writing about the holiday to remind employers to recognize and reward employee effort and to offer tips for building a stronger corporate culture through appreciation. Showing employees appreciation can result in a company's higher retention rate, not only increasing the productivity of employees but the company as a whole. 
- "Time and Date — Employee Appreciation Day in United States". Timeanddate.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- Quast, Lisa. "5 Ways To Celebrate Employee Appreciation Day". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- "Inc - 5 Great Ideas for Employee Appreciation Day". Inc.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "Workforce Mood Tracker Survey". Globoforce.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "National Law Review on Employee Appreciation Day". Natlawreview.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "Inc - 7 Last Minute Ideas for Employee Appreciation Day". Inc.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "Forbes - 25 Low Cost Ways to Reward Employees". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "Boston.com - What Would You Actually Appreciate?". Boston.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "The Benefits of Employee Recognition". FineAwards.com. Retrieved 23 September 2016.