Employee relationship management
Employee relationship management has focused on enabling employees to collaborate on typical managerial tasks with their employers. By engaging inputs from both sides of the employment relationship, ERM platforms aim to align the interests of both parties, worker and employer, and inform day-to-day business functions under a streamlined workflow.
Components and functions
The components of an employee relationship management platform are multiple, and, as in customer relationship management, achieve the goal of assisting the employee in the whole life cycle of her/his activity in and for the company.
Employee relationship management platforms include but are not limited to the following functions:
- Job search and recruitment
- Job application and hiring
- New hire onboarding
- Schedule generation
- Shift management (e.g. inter-employee shift trades and cancellations)
- Employee evaluations and performance reviews
- Employee competency assessment and development
- Employee development plans
- Workplace and manager evaluations
- Rewards and recognition
- Messaging and communication
and some other component may differ as the application changes.
The employee relationship management classification differentiates from other human resource information systems and workforce management systems]] by considering the whole employee, taking steps to ensure that the employee's work-life needs are well balanced and accounted for in the computation of work assignments. For example, current platforms on the market, such as WorkJam, allow workers to find jobs based on their availability, and once they are hired, employees can view schedules and choose when they work in accordance with employer and regulatory staffing requirements.
- "Articles IT pro e-Business Employee Relationship Management (ERM)". Kioskea.net. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- Richards, Leigh. "What Is Employee Relationship Management?". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- Bilodeau, Kelly (15 May 2015). "Lives in Limbo: The Challenge of On-Call Work Shifts". CMSWire. Retrieved 21 May 2015.