Employment Medical Advisory Service
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Section 55 of the 1974 Act defines the Service's purpose as:
- Securing that the Secretary of State (as of 2009 the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions), the Health and Safety Executive and others concerned with the health of employed persons or trainees are informed of and advised about matters relevant to the safeguarding and improvement of the health of employees and trainees;
- Giving employees and trainees relevant information and advice on health; and
- Other purposes of the Secretary of State's functions relating to employment.
- Assess how individual or group health is affected by work;
- Advise on how an individual's capacity for work is affected by his health;
- Advise on workplace first-aid provision; and
- Support health promotion programmes.
- 1972 c. 28
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, ss.55-60
- Health and Safety Executive (2000)
- Health and Safety Executive (2000) The Employment Medical Advisory Service and You, HSE5(rev1) 07/00 C200