Emporia, Kansas micropolitan area
- Places with more than 20,000 inhabitants
- Emporia (Principal city)
- Places with 500 to 1,000 inhabitants
- Places with fewer than 500 inhabitants
- Unincorporated places
As of the census of 2000, there were 38,965 people, 14,937 households, and 9,456 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 84.33% White, 2.17% African American, 0.47% Native American, 1.89% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 9.07% from other races, and 2.05% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 15.56% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $32,738, and the median income for a family was $41,480. Males had a median income of $28,134 versus $21,433 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $16,573.
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)". 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Archived from the original (CSV) on 2010-03-26. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.