This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Public (LSE: EMR)|
|Joost Kreulen(CEO), Tony Martin (Chairman of the board)|
|Services||Employment agencies, human resources services|
Number of employees
Empresaria Group plc is an international specialist staffing solutions Group, with an ethos of acquiring start-up and established small to medium sized companies. Central to this ethos is the philosophy of "management equity", where key, entrepreneurial people are attracted and motivated by the opportunity to own a meaningful stake in the companies they run. Each operating company in the Group is run by managers holding significant stakes in their companies. Empresaria companies, each specialising in specific markets or services, operate across the world with representation in over 19 countries through 20 brands. Its sector focus includes Engineering, Logistics, Construction and Infrastructure, Banking and Financial Services, IT and Telecommunications, Healthcare and Professional Services. Its service capabilities include temporary and permanent recruitment, recruitment process outsourcing and corporate training. The corporate office of Empresaria Group plc is based in Crawley, UK.
- 1996: Empresaria plc founded with David Telling as Chairman (founder of top 250 UK company, MITIE). Philosophy to target talented recruitment professionals to own and operate their own autonomous UK businesses.
- 1999: Empresaria Group plc is listed on Ofex. Private placing raised capital to continue building existing subsidiaries and invest in new UK company start-ups and acquisitions. Turnover £4.9M
- 2003: Growth in turnover reflects the changing focus on contract recruitment, as opposed to permanent recruitment, due to greater consistency of earnings.
- 2004: Implementation of Empresaria's strategy to diversify overseas with the appointment of Tony Martin (ex Chairman and CEO of Vedior NV) as Chairman. Empresaria's shares admitted to the Alternative Investment Market (AiM) of the London Stock Exchange.
- 2005: Board strengthened with appointment of additional non executive director, Penny Freer. Group turnover exceeds £50M.
- 2007: Group turnover of £148M as international diversification drives growth. In particular the acquisition of Headway in Germany, EAR Group in the Netherlands and Alternattiva Group in Chile.
- 2008: Record results with turnover exceeding £200M. Further international expansion includes China and Finland.
- 2009: World economic problems lead to first year of declining turnover, but strength of diversified portfolio of operations and stability from temporary staffing focus leads to continued profit generation and reduction in net debt. Group is operating in more than 100 offices in 17 countries.
- Revenue (2013): £194 million
- Employees worldwide: internal 800+(2013)