|Birth name||Niyazi Emre Altuğ|
|Also known as||Emre Altuğ|
|Born||14 April 1969|
|Origin||Levent, Beşiktaş, Istanbul, Turkey|
|Genres||Pop, pop rock, dance-pop|
|Years active||1999 - Present|
|Labels||DMC, DSM, Topkapı Music|
Niyazi Emre Altug (born 14 April 1969 in Beşiktaş, Istanbul) is a Turkish pop singer and actor. He starred in popular television series, television films, movies and musicals. He is also one of the most popular male singers in Turkey.
Emre Altug was born in Levent, Beşiktaş, Istanbul as the second son to a housewife mother and dentist father. He graduated in Theatrical Studies from the State Conservatory of Istanbul University. He acted on stage in various plays and sang backing vocals to such established artists like Sezen Aksu, Sertab Erener, Levent Yüksel or Nilüfer, before his first album, entitled İbreti Alem (A Lesson to Everyone) was released on 14 August 1999. In July 2000 he sang a song called Bir de bana sor (Ask Me, Too) for Melih Kıbar's album entitled Yadıgar. The song became a huge hit with radio stations. His second album, Sıcak (Hot) was released on 3 March 2003. In the meantime he appeared in commercials, television films and feature films, like Kolay Para (Easy Money). His third album, Dudak Dudağa (Lip to Lip) came out in 2004, followed by Sensiz Olmuyor (Won't Work Without You) a year later. The song, which the album was named after, became the theme song of a television series that was given the same title (Sensiz Olmuyor) and in which Emre played the leading character. The series was aired on Show TV. On 12 June 2007 he released his latest album Kişiye Özel (Personal).
Emre Altug is planning to release an English album, for which he traveled to the U.S. and is about to start working with Mark Feist and Damon Sharpe (who have worked with such artists like Anastacia or Jennifer Lopez and are the producers and co-writers of the charity song Come Together Now), who found Emre's voice outstanding and have already started to work on four songs with him.
He has been married to Turkish model Çağla Şikel since August 2008.
|1999||İbret-i Alem||Topkapı Müzik||A Lesson To Everyone|
|2004||Dudak Dudağa||DSM||Lips To Lips, Sales: 115,000|
|2005||Sensiz Olmuyor||DMC||Doesn't Work Without You|
- 2001: Tatlı Hayat (Sweet Life): Başar Yıldırım
- 2003: Lise Defteri (High School Book): Genc
- 2005: Sensiz olmuyor (Won't work without you): Arda
- 2006: Hasret (Yearning): Poyraz (mini-series)
- 2006: Gülpare: Aslan (mini-series)
- 2008: Mert ile Gert: Mert
- 2010: Elde Var Hayat: Kenan Dağaşan
- 1999: Asansör (Elevator)
- 2000: Ağaçlar ayakta ölür (Trees die at their roots) (television)
- 2002: Kolay para kazanma klavuzu: Eray
- 2004: Neredesin Firuze (Where's Firuze?): singer
- 2005: Balans ve Manevra (Balance and Maneuvre): guest appearance
- 2006: Eve giden yol (The road home): Halit
Emre in the media
- The official site of Gülpare (in Turkish)
- The official site of Sensiz Olmuyor (in Turkish)
- The official site of Tatli Hayat (in Turkish)
- Eve giden yol - Production company website (in Turkish)
- Hasret Official website (in Turkish)
- The official site of Emre Altug[permanent dead link] (in Turkish)
- Emre Altuğ at IMDb
- Sensiz OLmuyor Cast List at Show TV Archived 2006-12-30 at the Wayback Machine.
- Damon Sharpe
- Emre gelecek ay Amerika'ya açılıyor (Emre is opening towards the USA next month) 22 December 2006. Sabah Newspaper. (in Turkish)
- Album details at Topkapi Müzik Official site
- Dokuz Sekiz Müzik Official Website
- MÜYAP Turkish Album Sales 2004
- DMC Müzik Official site Archived 2006-06-13 at the Wayback Machine.