|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Subsidiary of Broadcom Limited|
|Traded as||Formerly NYSE: ELX|
|Headquarters||Costa Mesa, California,
|Bruce C. Edwards
(President, CEO and Director)
|Revenue||US$ 478.60 Million (2013)|
|US$ -5.21 million (2013)|
Number of employees
|More than 1200 (2013)|
Emulex Corporation provides network connectivity, monitoring and management hardware and software solutions that enable end-to-end application visibility, optimization and acceleration. The company's I/O connectivity offerings, including its line of Ethernet and Fibre Channel-based connectivity products, were used in server and storage products from OEMs, including Cisco, Dell, EMC Corporation, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, NetApp and Oracle Corporation.
In 2013, Emulex acquired Endace, based in New Zealand.
Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, Emulex was founded in 1978 and employed more than 1200 people in 2013.
On April 21, 2009, Broadcom made a proposal to the Emulex board of directors to buy all existing shares of Emulex for $764 million, or $9.25 per share, a 40% premium over the stock's closing price on April 20, 2009. After Emulex's board of directors recommended against the sale, Broadcom increased the company's offer to $11 per share on June 30, which valued the company at $925 million. It too was rejected on July 9, 2009. Subsequently, Broadcom announced it would withdraw its offer. In February 2015, it was announced that Avago Technologies Limited (which later merged with Broadcom) reached an agreement to acquire Emulex Corporation for $8 per share in cash.
- "Form 10-K". Emulex Inc., United States Securities and Exchange Commission. 2008-08-20. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
For the fiscal year ended: July 29, 2008
- "Corporate Fact Sheet" (PDF). June 3, 2008. p. 1. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- ELX: Key Statistics for Emulex INC - Yahoo! Finance
- Broadcom Offers to Acquire Emulex for $9.25 in Cash
- Broadcom (BRCM) Raises Offer for Emulex (ELX) to $11 - StreetInsider.com
- Emulex Board Unanimously Rejects Broadcom's $11.00 Per Share Offer "Emulex Corporation"
- Broadcom Drops Takeover Bid for Emulex - CNBC.com
- "Avago Financial News 2015-02-25".