|Traded as||NYSE: ELX|
|Headquarters||Costa Mesa, California,
|Key people||Jim McCluney
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 478.60 Million (2013)|
|Net income||US$ -5.21 million (2013)|
|Employees||More than 1200 (2013)|
Emulex Corporation provides network connectivity, monitoring and management hardware and software solutions that enable end-to-end application visibility, optimization and acceleration. The company's I/O connectivity offerings, including its like of Ethernet and Fibre Channel-based connectivity products have been designed into server and storage solutions from OEMs including Cisco, Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, NetApp and Oracle. In 2013, Emulex acquired Endace, based in New Zealand, to broaden its monitoring and management portfolio including network visibility and recording products. Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, Emulex was founded in 1978 and employs more than 1200 people worldwide as of 2013.
On April 21, 2009, Broadcom made a proposal to the Emulex board of directors to buy all existing shares of Emulex for $764 million, or $9.25 per share, a 40% premium over the stock's closing price on April 20, 2009. After Emulex's board of directors recommended against the sale, Broadcom increased the company's offer to $11 per share on June 30, which valued the company at $925 million. It too was rejected on July 9, 2009. Subsequently, Broadcom announced it would withdraw its offer.
- Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters (HBAs)
- Emulex LightPulse® Fibre Channel (FC) Host Bus Adapters (HBAs)
- The LightPulse family of FC HBAs, which includes:
- LPe16000B and LPe16002B Gen 5 16Gb FC (16GFC) single and dual-port HBAs
- LPe15004 Gen 5 (8GFC) quad-port HBA
- LPe16202 Gen 5 (16GFC) dual-port Converged Fabric Adapter (CFA)
- LPe12000 and LPe12002 8GFC single and dual-port HBAs
- LPe11000, LPe11002 and LPe11004 4GFC single, dual, and quad-port HBAs
- I/O Connectivity Management Software
- Emulex provides a range of software solutions for device and connectivity management. Emulex I/O connectivity management software includes the following:
- Emulex OneCommand Manager addresses the challenges associated with the integration of new technologies, such as virtualization and convergence.
- Emulex OneCommand Manager plug-in for VMware vCenter™ Server enables control of fabric (Fibre Channel HBA) and network (FCoE, iSCSI, NIC) connectivity solutions from the VMware vCenter Server management console.
- "Form 10-K". Emulex Inc., United States Securities and Exchange Commission. 2008-08-20. Retrieved 2009-08-17. "For the fiscal year ended: July 29, 2008"
- "Corporate Fact Sheet" (PDF). June 3, 2008. p. 1. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- Broadcom Offers to Acquire Emulex for $9.25 in Cash
- Broadcom (BRCM) Raises Offer for Emulex (ELX) to $11 - StreetInsider.com
- Emulex Board Unanimously Rejects Broadcom's $11.00 Per Share Offer "Emulex Corporation"
- Broadcom Drops Takeover Bid for Emulex - CNBC.com