28 November 1983 |
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Elliott was born Emun Mohammedi in Edinburgh, Scotland. His father is of Persian descent and his mother is Scottish. He was raised in Duddingston, Portobello, Edinburgh, Elliott attended George Heriot's School before beginning a degree in English Literature and French at the University of Aberdeen. He dropped out of university after a year, and went on to train at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, graduating in 2005.
Elliott's television credits include Monarch of the Glen, Feel the Force, Afterlife and Paradox, in which he played the lead role of Dr Christian King. He also plays Jay Adams in the BBC Three drama Lip Service, an episode of Inspector George Gently, and the crime drama Vera.
Elliott made his film debut in The Clan (2009), and also appeared in Black Death (2010), opposite Sean Bean. He will also appear in the forthcoming Strawberry Fields. He has lent his voice to the radio dramas Places in Between and Black Watch.
On stage, Elliott has appeared in the critically acclaimed Black Watch as Private Fraser, a role he played for two and a half years with the National Theatre of Scotland. In 2010 he played Claudio in a production of Measure for Measure at the Almeida Theatre, alongside Anna Maxwell Martin and Rory Kinnear.
|2005||Monarch of the Glen||Danny
- Episode 7.5 (2005)
|2006||Feel the Force||PC MacGregor||Sitcom|
- Roadside Bouquets (2006)
|2009||Paradox||Dr Christian King||Sci-fi crime drama|
|Inspector George Gently||Damien Barratt
- Peace And Love (2010)
|Period police drama|
-Telling Tales (S1, Ep2, 2011)
|Game of Thrones||Marillion||Epic fantasy drama|
|2012||Labyrinth||Guilhem Du Mas|
|The Paradise||John Moray|
|Falcón||Basilio Sánchez||police drama|
|2007||Then A Summer Starts||Luke|
|2009||The Clan||Cal McKinley|
|2013||The ring cycle||Richard||short film|
|2014||Exodus: Gods and Kings|
|2015||The Scottish Mussel||Leon||Comedy|
|2015||A view from the bridge||Marco||West-end London feb-april|
|2015||A view from the bridge||Marco||Broadway NY okt-feb '16|
- IMDB Page – Biography
- North London actor Emun Elliott on why Prometheus is a big deal | Angel Magazine
- Dick, Sandra (5 December 2009). "Emun Elliott: Keep an eye on this one to watch!...". The Scotsman. Retrieved 2009-12-24.
- Hendry, Steve (22 November 2009). "Emun Elliot goes from tough squaddie in hit play to scientist in sci-fi drama". Daily Record. Retrieved 2009-12-24.
- BBC - Press Office - Inspector George Gently back for two new single dramas on BBC One Retrieved 2010-03-09.
- BBC - Press Office - Lip Service press pack: Emun Elliot plays Jay Retrieved 2010-09-17.
- National Theatre of Scotland - Emun Elliott as Fraz Retrieved 2009-12-24.
- BBC - Press Office - Paradox press pack: Emun Elliot is Dr Christian King Retrieved 2009-12-24.