EnStream LP is a mobile commerce joint venture company owned by Bell Mobility, Rogers and TELUS—Canada’s three main wireless companies. The three carriers formed EnStream LP in 2005. EnStream manages a mobile money transfer service called Zoompass. The company was initially called Wireless Payment Services but was later re-branded as EnStream.
Applications Using EnStream Framework
An announcement on June 23, 2015; Suretap - co-owned by Rogers Wireless, BCE, & Telus, is now linked to Virgin Mobile and Koodo and CIBC, which allows Suretap access to their network of retailers and credit cards.
|2010||Enstream LP - Zoompass||Canadian Innovation Award for Mobile Application ||Won|
|2011||Enstream LP - Zoompass Mobile Wallet & Prepaid MasterCard Program||Best Consumer Value in Prepaid - Paybefore Awards||Won|
Technologies Used by EnStream Framework
- Avery, Simon, "Cellphone cash transfer service set to launch", The Globe and Mail, 13 June 2009
- CBC.ca, “Bell, Rogers and Telus to launch mobile payment service” June 13, 2009
- EnStream LP. "Mobile Payment", House of Commons Finance Committee, Canada, 13 February 2014. Retrieved on 25 November 2014.
- Pellegrini, C. 23 June 2015. Financial Post. http://business.financialpost.com/fp-tech-desk/big-three-telco-owned-mobile-wallet-app-suretap-finally-unveils-big-update?__lsa=8daa-472e
- "ACT Canada 2010 Award Winners Announced at Cardware Conference". ACT Canada. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- "2011 Paybefore Awards Winners". Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- Sturgeon, Jamie. "EnStream joint venture divests Zoompass mobile payment business". Financial Post. Retrieved 14 August 2015.