En Bommukutty Ammavukku
|En Bommukutty Ammavukku|
Gokula Krishnan (dialogues)
|Produced by||R. D. Bhaskar|
|Edited by||T. R. Shekharr|
En Bommukutty Ammavuku (transl. My doll is for mother) is a 1988 Indian Tamil-language drama film directed by Fazil, starring Sathyaraj, Suhasini, Raghuvaran, Rekha and Geetu Mohandas. It is a remake of Fazil's own Malayalam film Ente Mamattukkuttiyammakku (1983). The film was released on 15 April 1988.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (October 2021)
Lakshmi and Vinod, a couple who lost their daughter in an accident, decide to adopt a girl from the local orphanage. But problems arise when the child's biological parents Mercy and Alex seek to find her.
- Sathyaraj as Vinod
- Suhasini as Lakshmi
- Raghuvaran as Alex
- Rekha as Mercy
- M. S. Thripunithura as Fr Joseph Epstein
- Janagaraj as Lawyer
- Geetu Mohandas as Tinnu
|1.||"Chitra Chittugal"||Muthulingam||K. S. Chithra||4:32|
|2.||"Uyire"||Piraisoodan||K. J. Yesudas, K. S. Chithra||4:33|
|3.||"Kuyile" (duet)||Gangai Amaran||K. J. Yesudas, K. S. Chithra||4:25|
|4.||"Patharamathu"||Vaali||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Malaysia Vasudevan||3:48|
|5.||"Yaiyaiya Yaiyaiya"||Ilaiyaraaja, K. S. Chithra, Yuvan Shankar Raja||1:50|
|6.||"Kuyile" (female)||Gangai Amaran||K. S. Chithra, Bhavatha||4:22|
|7.||"Bommu Kutti"||Vaali||K. J. Yesudas||4:30|
|8.||"Nallorgal Unnai"||Gangai Amaran||K. S. Chithra||0:46|
|9.||"Kuyile" (male)||Gangai Amaran||K. J. Yesudas||4:17|
The Indian Express wrote, "The script moves ever so gracefully plumbing the depths of a bereaved couple's predicament." The reviewer went on to say, "Fazil seems to have given a great deal of thought to every scene. The only drawback of the film ironically contributed by music director Ilayaraja, whose brother Baskar is the film's producer. The one man who is allowed to indulge himself is Ilayaraja (too many songs). After all, it's as good as being his own film".
- "Indian Cinema 1988" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. 1989. pp. 75–76. Archived (PDF) from the original on 31 January 2020. Retrieved 28 October 2021.
- Simon, Litty (7 October 2018). "35 years of Baby Shalini's 'Ente Mamattykkuttiyammakku'". OnManorama. Archived from the original on 8 August 2021. Retrieved 8 August 2021.
- "என் பொம்முக்குட்டி அம்மாவுக்கு / En Bommukutty Ammavukku (1988)". Screen4Screen (in English and Tamil). Archived from the original on 28 October 2021. Retrieved 28 October 2021.
- "En Bommukutti Ammavukku". The Indian Express. 6 May 1988. p. 5. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Pannerselvam, Kanimozhi (31 May 2020). ""புன்னகை மன்னன்" ரேகாவின் மகளை பார்த்திருக்கீங்களா?... அழகில் அம்மாவையே ஓரங்கட்டும் க்யூட் போட்டோஸ்...!". Asianet News (in Tamil). Archived from the original on 20 June 2020. Retrieved 28 October 2021.
- Sreelalitha, W. (18 October 2009). "Are you listening?". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 28 October 2021. Retrieved 28 October 2021.
- "En Bommu Kutti Ammaavukku (1988)". Raaga.com. Archived from the original on 30 January 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "En Bommukkutti Ammavukku Tamil Film LP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Mossymart. Archived from the original on 8 August 2021. Retrieved 8 August 2021.