En Nombre Del Amor
|En Nombre Del Amor|
|Created by||Carmen Peña|
|Opening theme||En Cambio No by Laura Pausini|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||170 |
|Producer(s)||Carlos Moreno Laguillo|
|Running time||39-43 minutes|
|Original channel||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original run||October 13, 2008– June 12, 2009|
|Preceded by||Querida Enemiga|
|Followed by||Mi pecado|
En Nombre Del Amor (In the Name of Love) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Televisa. It is a remake of Cadenas de Amargura (Chains of Bitterness) (1991). En Nombre Del Amor was produced by Carlos Moreno, and filming began on August 4, 2008. It premiered in the United States July 7, 2009 on Univision and ended its run on March 7, 2010 in a two-hour grand finale on a Sunday.
Starring by Allison Lozz and Sebastián Zurita, as co-protagonist Victoria Ruffo and Arturo Peniche with Leticia Calderón as the villain protagonist and main villain, co-starring by Laura Flores, Alfredo Adame, Víctor Cámara, and the participation of Altair Jarabo as young antagonist.
The action takes place in Real del Monte, Mexico. Young Paloma (Allison Lozz) lives with her 2 aunts, Macarena (Victoria Ruffo) and Carlota (Leticia Calderon) and with her nanny, Rufina (Magda Guzman). Paloma's presumed parents, Sagrario (Bibi Gaytan) and Javier (Eduardo Capetillo), Macarena and Carlota's brother, died in a car accident. Carlota is evil and full of hatred because when they were young, both Macarena and she fell in love with Cristobal (Arturo Peniche), now a priest. It is revealed that Macarena is in fact Paloma's mother.
Paloma's best friend is Romina (Altair Jarabo), the daughter of Camila (Laura Flores). Paloma is about to marry Inaki (Luis Hacha) but Carlota poisons him and he dies. Later, both Paloma and Romina fall in love with Emiliano (Sebastian Zurita). Emiliano and Paloma start dating. Romina has an affair with German (Ferdinando Valencia), gets pregnant and tricks Emiliano into marrying her by telling him it is his child. Camila has an affair with Rafael Saenz (Alfredo Adame), Emiliano's presumed father, then gets married to Orlando (Victor Camara), Emiliano's real father.
Carlota also kills Arcadia, Alonso, Inaki's father, and attempts to kill doctor Rodolfo Bermudez (David Ostrosky) who was in love with Macarena. Soon, Carlota eavesdrops on a conversation between Macarena and Cristobal on the phone and learns that they plan to marry, but Carlota kills Macarena by pushing her through a glass window on the second floor inside their house. She dies with Paloma and Cristobal by her side. Paloma starts dating painter Gabriel Lizarde (Erick Elias), Eugenio's (Cesar Evora) son; Gabriel suffers from a terminal disease. Camila divorces Orlando and Rafael breaks up with Luz, a woman that he dated.
Carlota makes Eugenio fall in love with her. She also tries to kill Paloma in the same way she killed Macarena but, as priest Cristobal, Eugenio and Rufina arrive at her house, it is she herself that falls down the stairs. Romina doesn't love her baby and wants to go away from Real del Monte but she has a car accident. German is arrested. She survives and later begins to love her child. In prison, German confesses Romina that he loves her. Before Paloma's wedding, Paloma and Romina reconcile.
In the series finale, Paloma is about to marry Gabriel but he tells her in church that her real love is Emiliano. Paloma and Emiliano get married. Carlota arrives at the church, pulls the gun out and want to shoot Paloma but Gabriel goes in front of her, is shot and killed. Carlota falls down the church tower. She ends up paralyzed, in prison. In the final scene of the novela, Paloma and Emiliano reenact the first time they became boyfriend and girlfriend by the fountain in Real del Monte and then they kiss.
- Victoria Ruffo as Macarena Espinoza de los Monteros
- Leticia Calderón as Carlota Espinoza de los Monteros
- Arturo Peniche as Padre Juan Cristóbal Gamboa Martelli
- Laura Flores as Camila Ríos de Mondragón
- César Évora as Eugenio Lizardi
- Natalia Esperón as Luz Laguillo
- Allisson Lozz as Paloma Espinoza de los Monteros Díaz / Paloma Gamboa Espinoza de los Monteros de Sáenz
- Sebastián Zurita as Emiliano Sáenz Noriega / Emiliano Ferrer Noriega
- Altair Jarabo as Romina Mondragón Ríos de Sáenz / de Altamirano
- Ferdinando Valencia as Germán Altamirano
- Erick Elías as Gabriel Lizardi
- Alfredo Adame as Rafael Sáenz
- Víctor Cámara as Orlando Ferrer
- Carmen Montejo as Madeleine Martelli Vda. de Gamboa
- Olivia Bucio as Diana Gudelia Noriega de Sáenz
- Magda Guzmán as Rufina "Rufi" Martínez
- Zoraida Gómez as Liliana Martínez
- Luis Hacha as Iñaki Iparraguirre
- Pablo Magallanes as Aarón Eugenio Cortázar
- Queta Lavat as Madre Superiora
- Jorge Alberto Bolanos as Samuel Mondragón
- Angelina Peláez as Arcadia Ortíz
- Lucero Lander as Inés Cortázar
- Eduardo Liñán as Padre Benito Farías
- David Ostrosky as Dr. Rodolfo Bermúdez
- Yolanda Ventura as Angélica Ciénega
- Paty Díaz as Natalia Ugarte de Iparraguirre
- Zoila Quiñonez as Mercedes "Doña Meche"
- Ramon Abascal as Joel Martínez
- Luis Couturier as Don Rodrigo Espinoza de los Monteros
- Yanni as Paloma Espinoza de los Monteros (child)
- Georgina Domínguez as Romina Mondragón Ríos (child)
- Luciano Corigliano as Emiliano Sáenz Noriega (Child)
- Rafael Valdés as Salvador "Chava"
- Lola Forner as Carmen ex de Iparraguirre
- Manuel Navarro as Alonso Iparraguirre
- Bibi Gaytán as Sagrario Díaz de Espinoza de los Monteros
- Eduardo Capetillo as Javier Espinoza de los Monteros
- Gerardo Murguía as Juan Carmona / Basilio Gaytan
- Fernanda Ruizos as Valeria de la Parra
- Haydee Navarra as Miriam
- Claudia Godínez as Ana Mar
- Sergio Catalán as Darío Peña
- Alfonso Iturralde as Juan "Juancho"
- Hugo Macías Macotela as Padre Mateo
- Ivette Cordovez as Sofia
- Luciano Collado Calderón - Son of Miriam
Awards and nominations
|2009||Premios People en Español||Best rehash||Carlos Moreno Laguillo||Won|
|Best Actress||Victoria Ruffo||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Arturo Peniche||Nominated|
|Best Villain||Leticia Calderón||Won|
|Best Young Actor||Allison Lozz||Won|
|Best Couples||Allison Lozz and Sebastián Zurita||Won|
|2010||Premios ACE||Best telenovela||Carlos Moreno Laguillo||Won|
|Best Director||Karina Duprez||Won|
|Best Best Actress||Leticia Calderón||Won|
|Best male co-action||Arturo Peniche||Won|
|Premios TVyNovelas||Best Actor||Arturo Peniche||Nominated|
|Best actress antagonistic||Leticia Calderón||Won|
|Best Male Newcomer||Sebastián Zurita||Won|
|Best Story or adaptation||Martha Carrillo
- Televisa's v
- "Sufrirá Lozz en nombre del amor " "El Manana", 17 Jul 2008
- "Telenovela "En nombre del amor" gana premios ACE" (in Spanish). Diario del Sur. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- Tania Caballero. "Conoce a los ganadores de los Premios TVyNovelas". Esmas. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- ""En nombre del Amor" Venesión estrena telenovela" (in Spanish). Magazine. March 29, 2013. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- Diana Campos (March 2, 2009). "En nombre del amor se estrena por Canal 9 Argentina" (in Spanish). Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- Diana Campos (February 17, 2009). "En nombre del amor se estrena por Canal RCN" (in Spanish). Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- Manuel Henao. "Final de ‘En nombre del amor’ por Univision fue visto por 5 millones de televidentes" (in Spanish). Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- "TVE 1 estrena 'En nombre del amor', una telenovela para sus sobremesas" (in Spanish). October 13, 2009. Retrieved June 30, 2014.