En Purushan Kuzhandhai Maadhiri
|En Purushan Kuzhandhai Maadhiri|
|Directed by||S. P. Rajkumar|
|Produced by||KS Rajagopal|
RR Movie Makers
|9 March 2001|
En Purushan Kuzhandhai Maadhiri (English: My Husband is Like a Child) is a 2001 Tamil film directed by S. P. Rajkumar. The film stars Livingston, Devayani and Vindhya in lead roles. The music was composed by Deva. The film was released in 2001 with mixed reviews from critics. The film was remade in Telugu as Maa Ayana Chanti Pilladu with Sivaji, Meera Jasmine and Sangeetha in lead roles.
Murugesan (Livingston) thinks the world of his uncle's daughter Maheswari (Devayani). His love wins her over too and she agrees to wed him. Sinthamani (Vindhya) is a dancer who comes to town and Santhamurthy (Ponnambalam) has his eyes on her. Murugesan saves her from Santhamurthy's clutches but in an inebriated condition, ends up sleeping with her the night before his wedding. His confession infuriates Maheswari initially but she eventually forgives him. But further problems crop up when Maheswari and Sinthamani become pregnant at the same time. Now Murugesan is unable to abandon her since he is responsible for her plight.
- Livingston as Murugesan
- Devayani as Maheswari
- Vindhya as Sinthamani
- Vadivelu as Angusaamy
- Ponnambalam as Santhamoorthy
- R. Sundarrajan
- Aadiya Aattam — Deva
- Chithiraye — Hariharan, Anuradha Sriram
- Naalu Adi Aaru — Vadivelu
- Pattampoochi — Mano, Anuradha Sriram
- Vaazhavaikkum — Sabesh, Krishnaraj
- Vennila — Unnikrishnan, Sathya
Sr Ashok Kumar of The Hindu wrote "The director must have taken care to give sufficient reason to get his protagonist involved with another woman, a day before his marriage. But the justification given for this and also for a couple of other reactions, are not acceptable". Balaji B wrote "While the topic of the wayward husband lends itself to comedy, the plight of the women is not be taken lightly. Directors who stick to one tone throughout seem to be more successful while those who try to offer up a mixture of the two end up delivering neither satisfactorily. S.P.Rajakumar chooses to take the latter path and the final verdict is the same - the movie struggles between being a light comedy and a serious tearjerker". Chennai Online wrote "The plot did have the potential to make it an engaging entertainer. But the problem is that the director couldn't really decide as to what type of treatment he should give his plot. Whether it should be in the genre of a comedy or a melodrama, of a family sentiment or of a saga of a family feud. So he makes a hotchpotch of the whole thing, and it does not help matters".
- "En Prusan Kulanthai Mathiri Songs - Deva - En Prusan Kulanthai Mathiri Tamil Movie Songs - Oosai.com - A Sound of Tamil Music - An Online Tamil songs Portal , Carries more than 4600 Tamil Movie Songs Online". Oosai.com. Archived from the original on 19 September 2013. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- "Film review: En Purushan Kuzhandhai Madhiri". The Hindu. 2001-03-16. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- "En Purushan Kuzhandhai Maadhiri". Bbthots.com. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|