En Rasavin Manasile
|En Rasavin Manasile|
|Directed by||Kasthuri Raja|
|Written by||Kasthuri Raja|
|Edited by||L. Kesavan|
Red Sun Art Creations
|Distributed by||Red Sun Art Creations|
En Rasavin Manasile is a 1991 Tamil romantic drama film directed by Kasthuri Raja. The film features Rajkiran and Meena in lead roles. The film, produced by Rajkiran, had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja and was released on 13 April 1991. The film had a silver jubilee run and gave a break to Rajkiran and Meena. Vadivelu made his official acting debut with this film. The film was later remade in Telugu as Moratodu Naa Mogudu (1992) starring Rajasekhar and Meena reprising her role from the original.
Mayandi (Rajkiran) was a brave and strong man who was respected by villagers. Mayandi was in love with his cousin Solaiyamma (Meena) and wanted to get married to her but they have nothing in common. The soft-spoken Solaiyamma was afraid of him. In the meantime, Murugesan (Raj Chander), a city youngster, fell in love with Solaiyamma's little sister Kasthuri (Saradha Preetha). Later, Mayandi and Solaiyamma had an arranged marriage but Solaiyamma was still afraid of him after the marriage. One night, Mayandi came drunk in his house, molested the innocent Solaiyamma and brutally raped her. Since that night, Solaiyamma began to avoid Mayandi and she didn't talk to him anymore. A few months later, Solaiyamma discovered that she was pregnant. Mayandi and Solaiyamma were unable to understand their feelings. Finally, Ponnuthayi (Srividya), Mayandi's adopted mother, brought them back together. Unfortunately, Solaiyamma died after giving birth.
So Kasthuri brings up Mayandi's baby. Mayandi, who can't take care of the baby alone, needs a wife to bring up his baby and he thinks that Kasthuri would be the perfect mother for his baby. Knowing his plan, Murugesan compels his father Pannaiyar (Nambirajan), a ruthless landlord, to accept for the marriage. Pannaiyar encourages Mayandi to bring back his son Murugesan but Kasthuri stops it and clearly tells him that she can only be Murugesan. Mayandi decides to arrange Murugesan and Kasthuri's marriage against Pannaiyar's wish. What transpires later forms the crux of the story.
- Rajkiran as Mayandi
- Meena as Solaiyamma
- Raj Chander as Murugesan
- Saradha Preetha as Kasthuri
- Nambirajan as Pannaiyar
- Srividya as Ponnuthayi
- Vadivelu as Vadivelu
- Samikannu as Thangamuthu
- Dubbing Janaki as Seeniamma
- K. S. Jayalakshmi as Pannaiyar's wife
- Babitha as Pangajam
- Rambo Rajkumar
- Bombay Rajkumar
- M. L. A. Mallayaa
- S. K. S.
- Scissor Manohar as Mokkasamy
- Baby Lawrence
- Baby Amudha
- Master Sivakumar
Kasthuri Raja, who earlier assisted K. S. Gopalakrishnan made his directorial debut with this film, He said "I went to narrate a story to Rajkiran, who was then looking for a script for Ramarajan, as he had got the dates of the popular actor. But script did not suit and I had to do a different script and Rajkiran acted in it."
The film has won the following awards since its release :
- Best Film Award (2nd Place) - Rajkiran
- Special Prize for Best Actor - Rajkiran
- Best Lyricist - Piraisoodan
- Best New Face Award Actor — Rajkiran
|En Rasavin Manasile|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film score and the soundtrack were composed by film composer Ilaiyaraaja. The soundtrack, released in 1991, features 6 tracks with lyrics written by Ilaiyaraaja, Ponnadiyan, Usha and Piraisoodan.
|1||"Kuyil Paattu" (happy)||Swarnalatha||4:54|
|2||"Kuyil Paattu" (sad)||Swarnalatha||3:35|
|3||"Kuyil Paattu" (sad)||Swarnalatha , Ilaiyaraaja||3:35|
|4||"Paarijatha Poove"||S. N. Surendar, K. S. Chithra||5:00|
|5||"Pen Manasu Azham Endru"||Ilaiyaraaja||3:50|
|6||"Poda Poda Punnaakku"||Kalpana Raghavendar, Vadivelu, Rajkiran||5:43|
- "Filmography of en rasavin manasile". cinesouth.com. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "En Raasavin Manasulle (1991)". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- K. Vijian (21 May 1993), "It's more than a love story", New Straits Times, retrieved 21 April 2013
- S.R. Ashok Kumar (17 August 2006). "A veteran star at a young age". hindu.com. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "Comedian's son takes the mantle". indiaglitz.com. 7 November 2006. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "Download En Raasavin Manasile by Ilaiyaraaja on Nokia Music". music.ovi.com. Archived from the original on 16 June 2013. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "En Raasavin Manasula". hummaa.com. Archived from the original on 27 March 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-21.