En otra piel
|En otra piel|
|Created by||Laura Sosa|
|Story by||Julio Jiménez|
|Creative director(s)||Valeria Fiñana|
|Music by||Marco Flores|
|Opening theme||"En otra piel" by Laura Flores|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||154|
|Executive producer(s)||Jose Gerardo Guillén|
|Production company(s)||Telemundo Studios|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||February 18 –|
September 29, 2014
|Preceded by||La Reina del Sur|
|Followed by||Los miserables|
En otra piel (Lit: In Another Skin / English: Part of Me) is a Spanish-language telenovela produced by United States and México-based television network Telemundo Studios, Miami. It is based on the 2005 Telemundo telenovela El Cuerpo del Deseo, which in turn is based on the 1992 RTI Colombia telenovela En Cuerpo Ajeno. María Elisa Camargo and David Chocarro stars as the main protagonists, while Vanessa Villela and Jorge Luis Pila stars as the main antagonists, with the special participation of Laura Flores.
As part of the 2014 season, Telemundo is broadcasting En otra piel weeknights at 9pm/8c as of February 18, 2014, replacing La Reina del Sur. As with most of its other telenovelas, the network is broadcasting English subtitles as closed captions on CC3.
En otra piel marks the debut of Flores with Telemundo, and the return of Camargo from Flor Salvaje and Villela from Una Maid en Manhattan. Also part of the cast are Pila and Chocarro after their respective hit telenovelas (La Patrona and El Rostro de la Venganza.)
The telenovela, based on the story El cuerpo del deseo by Julio Jiménez, was adapted for Telemundo by Laura Sousa and Eduardo Macías. It started life with the name "Almas pérdidas", but was later renamed "En otra piel".
Two women share a tragic and supernatural destiny that binds them together even after death. Monica Serrano (Laura Flores), a world-renowned pianist with an impressive fortune, dies after the betrayal of her ambitious niece and the man she loves. But by way of a mysterious talisman, Monica's soul, which does not accept departing from this world, occupies the body of Adriana Aguilar (María Elisa Camargo), a modest waitress that dies at the hands of a dangerous gangster. Now, in Adriana's body, Monica's soul will do the impossible to defend her children and seek justice while Adriana's soul wanders this world. Motivated by love, Adriana decides to recover her body, but Monica will resist this until her mission has been completed.
- Adriana Aguilar / Mónica Serrano / Mónica Arriaga (María Elisa Camargo), Adriana is a modest waitress at a bar, she has a brother named Jacinto, who is killed by Carlos Ricalde. Adriana is pursued by Carlos Ricalde until he murders her. Meanwhile, the real Monica Serrano is killed by her mentally deranged niece Elena. The two events occur simultaneously one in Mexico and the other in Los Angeles. Monica's soul floats in the atmosphere until it arrives at the morgue where Adriana's body has arrived much to the horror of Diego her finance. As Monica begins to adjust to Adriana's body, she begins to recall her past life and remembers that Elena her niece murdered her at her home. Monica looks for her friend Selma who is into the paranormal. Selma helps her to secure a teacher's position to teach her daughter Emiliana. Monica gains the trust of the household and then as her memory takes shape she plans her revenge.
- Gerardo Fonsi / Juan Gerardo Suárez (Jorge Luis Pila), Gerard is a handsome gigolo. He wines and dine older rich influential women. Thus, he met and married Monica Serrano. Apparently he knew Elena well before he married her aunt, Monica.
- Diego Ochoa (David Chocarro), It is Adriana's fiance, who at first does not comprehend why Adriana rejects him. He is persistent and as the novella unravels he uncovers clues as to what is going on with Adriana.
- Elena Serrano (Vanessa Villela), She is the daughter of Lorena and niece of Monica, who kills her aunt out of envy and resentment. Here is the villain. Apparently Elena has been disturbed since childhood, primarily because of her mother, who is an alcoholic and drug user. Lorena dumped her at her sister Monica's house and then disappeared. Elena, well treated by her aunt Monica, is a jealous, ungrateful, greedy and evil individual.
- Mónica Serrano (Laura Flores), She is a famous pianist. Monica is completely self-centered and egotistical. She lavishes her children with everything but her attention. She is easily flattered by Gerardo and she considers herself fortunate that she married a younger man. She is oblivious to her surroundings and never notices that her husband and Elena are having an affair right under her nose. She also never noticed that Elena killed her first husband either. Monica is killed by her niece and when she recalls the circumstances surrounding her death she plans to take her vengeance and protect her kids from Elena.
|1||"En otra piel"||Laura Flores||Marco Flores||N/A|
|2||"Para olvidarte"||Ender Thomas||Ender Thomas||N/A|
|3||"Descubriendo el amor"||María Elena Dávila||N/A|||
|4||"El arte de Gabriel" (Short version)||María Elena Dávila||N/A||N/A|
United States broadcast
|Season||Timeslot (ET/PT)||No. of
|2014||Monday to Friday 9pm/8c||154||February 18, 2014||1.153||September 29, 2014||N/A|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Premios Tu Mundo|
|Novela of the Year||En otra piel||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actress||María Elisa Camargo||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actor||David Chocarro||Nominated|
|Jorge Luis Pila||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Silvana Arias||Nominated|
|First Actor||Guillermo Quintanilla||Nominated|
|Junior Favorite Artist||Kendra Santacruz||Nominated|
|2015||Miami Life Awards|
|Best Young Actor in a Telenovela||Jonathan Freudman||Nominated|
|Best Female Villain in a Telenovela||Vanessa Villela||Nominated|
|Best First Actor in a Telenovela||Gillermo Quintanilla||Nominated|
|Best Female Lead in a Telenovela||María Elisa Camargo||Nominated|
|Best Telenovela||En otra piel||Nominated|
- "Inician grabaciones de "En Otra Piel"". Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- "María Elisa Camargo, ¡protagonizará telenovela en Telemundo!" (in Spanish). TVnotas. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "En Otra Piel: conoce la historia y sus personajes de la nueva telenovela de Telemundo (FOTOS)" (in Spanish). voces.huffingtonpost.com. February 13, 2014. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "David Chocarro vuelve con "En otra piel"". Archived from the original on 2013-12-19. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- Martha Sarabia. "Laura Flores se sumerge 'En otra piel'" (in Spanish). La Opinión. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- "María Elena Dávila Delgado se estrena como cantante" (in Spanish). laromanticafmcenter.com.ve. Archived from the original on April 26, 2014. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "Llegan a Telemundo grandes estrenos en septiembre" (in Spanish). TVBoricuausa. Retrieved September 11, 2014.
- "'EN OTRA PIEL' LIDERA EN SU SEMANA DE ESTRENO". Estrellas online. February 22, 2014. Archived from the original on August 25, 2014. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- "Anuncian nominados a Premios Tu Mundo" (in Spanish). El Especial. Archived from the original on July 20, 2014. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Ale Rodríguez (July 15, 2014). "Lista de nominados de los Premios Tu Mundo 2014" (in Spanish). Notimex. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- "Lista de finalistas a los Premios Tu Mundo 2014" (in Spanish). Entretenimiento Terra. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "¡Conoce a los ganadores de "Premios Tu Mundo 2014"!" (in Spanish). TVBoricuausa. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "Premios Miami Life Awards 2015 ganadores y nominados" (in Spanish). Miami Life Awards. Retrieved March 14, 2015.