From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up enablement in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Enablement refers to any act of enabling.
Some specific usages of the word enablement include:
- Any approach which provides means or opportunity.
- A patent law requirement (see sufficiency of disclosure).
- Human enhancement by applying emerging technologies to modify human capacities. Zack Lynch, managing director of NeuroInsights, recommended at an AAAS workshop using the term "enablement" as a replacement for the current buzz-word "enhancement" after noting that the line between therapy and enhancement is particularly faint and subjective. He believes the term enhancement is already politically charged in both its meaning and use among science policy players. He sees no hard line between "therapy" and "enhancement"; instead, a range of capacities is observed in normal distribution among the population, and enablement refers to maximizing each person’s latent potential.
- Supplier enablement, the process of electronically connecting suppliers to a company's supply chain
- Enabling, in its counseling or psychological sense
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Enablement.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.