Enakshi Ray Mitra
Enakshi Ray Mitra is an Indian philosopher specialising in the areas of logic, philosophy of language, and philosophy of action. Her works mainly focuses on the analytic philosophy especially later Wittgenstein, She is an ardent defender of non-foundationalism of language and argues that Later Wittgenstein philosophy can be best understood in terms of non-foundationalism. She is currently teaching in the Department of Philosophy, University of Delhi.
Enakshi Mitra done her B.A. (Hons.) in Philosophy from the famous Lady Brabourne College of the University of Calcutta in the year 1982, after that She completed her M.A. in philosophy also from the University of Calcutta in the year 1986. She moved to, then centre of Analytic philosophy in India, the Jadavpur University to pursue her research in philosophy, in course of that she done M.Phil. in Philosophy in the year 1993. She earned her PhD in philosophy in the year 2004 by defending a thesis on Later Wittgenstein's Philosophy of Language and Mathematics. Prof. Shefali Moitra was her thesis advisor and Bob Hale (philosopher) served as the external examiner. In 2005, Mitra accepted a permanent position in the Department of Philosophy, University of Delhi where she is Assistant Professor of Philosophy.
- Reference as Action: In the Tracks of Wittgenstein,(Forthcoming), Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla.
- "Russell and Carnap: Constructing Metaphysical Dichotomies" in History of Indian Science, Philosophy and Culture, Volume XII, Part 5 titled Materialism and Immaterialism in India and the West: Varying Vistas, 2010, Centre for Studies in Civlization, Delhi
- "Russell‟s Navigation with Judgements: Through the Routes of Logical Atomism" in Revisiting Principia Mathematica after 100 years, 2011, Gangchil, Kolkata.
- "Ethical Language: With Special Reference to Wittgenstein" in Understanding Ethics, 2013, Macmillan, Delhi
- "Understanding Yudhishthira‟s Actions: Recasting KarmaYoga in a Wittgensteinian Mould" in Mahabharata Now, 2014, Routledge, Delhi.
- "A Brief Survey of Indian Logic : Nyaya, Bauddha, and Jaina" in Introduction to Logic, 2015, Pearson, Delhi.
- "Space and Consciousness: Reconstructing Dualism and Behaviourism" in Self, Consciousness and Body, 2017, Nectar, Kolkata.
- "Later Wittgenstein on Language and Mathematics A Non-Foundational Narration | Indian Institute of Advanced Study". iias.ac.in. Retrieved 2019-03-15.
- "Faculty – Department of Philosophy". Retrieved 2019-03-15.
- "Ray Mitra" (PDF). Faculty Details. University of Delhi. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "About the Institute | Indian Institute of Advanced Study". www.iias.ac.in. Retrieved 2019-03-15.
- A review of Enakshi Mitra's Later Wittgenstein on Language and Mathematics https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40961-018-0169-3