Encantadia: Pag-ibig Hanggang Wakas
|Encantadia: Pag-ibig Hanggang Wakas|
|Also known as||Avisala Encantadia: Love Until the End|
|Genre||Action, Melodrama, Fantasy, Romance, Telefantasya|
|Created by||Suzette Doctolero|
|Written by||Joseph Balboa
Anna Aleta Nadela
Vienuel Lavina Ello
|Directed by||Gil Tejada Jr.|
|Opening theme||Mahiwagang Puso by Karylle and Jerome John Hughes|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Enchanta|
|No. of episodes||48|
|Executive producer(s)||Winnie Hollis Reyes
Mona C. Mayuga
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Original release||February 20– April 28, 2006|
Encantadia: Pag-ibig Hanggang Wakas (English: Encantadia: Love Until the End), also known globally as Avisala Encantadia: Love Until the End, is a Filipino fantasy television series that was produced by GMA Network. It is the third installment of the entire Encantadia series. It premiered on February 20, 2006, and ended on April 28, 2006.
It depicts the continuing story of the four royal Diwata sisters, Sang'gres Pirena (Sunshine Dizon), Amihan (Iza Calzado), Queen Alena of Sapiro (Karylle) and Queen Danaya of Lireo (Diana Zubiri), along with King Ybrahim (Dingdong Dantes) of Sapiro, in the enchanted world of Encantadia, as they face the repercussions of their previous journey through Encantadia's history.
The Return of Ynang Reyna
The third book begins a year after the Sang'gres' return from their journey back in time to their world's past (which was chronicled in the second book, Etheria: Ang Ikalimang Kaharian ng Encantadia).
The story opens with the celebration Armea's birth, daughter of Ybrahim and Alena, the King and Queen of Sapiro. Alena's Sang'gre sisters, Pirena, Amihan, and Queen Danaya of Lireo, also graced the festivities. The Sang'gres are once again in possession of the gemstones that represent the four elements: Pirena keeps the Gemstone of Fire; Amihan, the Gemstone of Wind; Alena, Water; and Danaya, Earth. Consequently, the Sang'gres used the powers conferred by the gems to preserve the peace and balance in Encantadia.
Amidst the joy and revelry, Mine-a, the Sang'gres' beloved mother seemingly returns from Devas to warn her daughters of impending danger.
After being greeted by her four daughters, Mine-a tells them that Encantadia needs them once more. Trouble is brewing, Mine-a produces four butterflies (resembling the butterflies of Devas), each one assigned to take the Sang'gres to specific locations in Encantadia.
The Revenge of the Herans
It is revealed that Ether, goddess of the fallen kingdom of Etheria, disguised herself as Mine-a to fool the Sang'gres. Before leaving, she gives Cassandra a crystal ball that holds the souls of the four Herans (Queen Avria of Hera Andal, Andora of Hera Sensa, Juvila of Hera Volo, and Odessa of Hera Aega) that she saved after the fall of Etheria. Cassandra accidentally breaks the crystal ball, and through a drop of blood from her cut finger, she unknowingly revives the Herans. Ether bids them to exact vengeance on the Sang'gres for what they did to Etheria by destroying their kingdoms and seizing their gems.
Through Ether's illusion magic, Avria soon infiltrates Lireo and eventually manages to replace Queen Danaya, after stealing her body and the Earth Gem. As Danaya, Avria manipulates the other Sang'gres, encouraging Pirena to rebuild Hathoria, while deceiving Alena and Amihan that Pirena has returned to her wicked ways. Andora also uses her mental powers to sow chaos, controlling Hathors, and Pirena herself into attacking Amihan and Alena. Meanwhile, Odessa finds her way through Sapiro and be friends Cassandra. Through Cassandra, Odessa discovers that her infant son is still alive, and takes every opportunity to visit him in the royal palace of Sapiro.
Hagorn, the main villain from the first installment, was revived by Ether and he pledges allegiance to Ether,recognizing her as his god. Sari-a (the spirit guide of the earth gem that Avria had stolen) falls under the control of Ether as Ether takes possession of the Earth gem. She joins Ether and Hagorn in terrorizing Encantadia as Avria's replacement after Avria is killed by Danaya during Pirena and Danaya's failed attempt to retake the Earth gem from evil.
Some of the major characters died in the final book. Cassiopea and Evades was murdered by a masked assailant (later revealed to be Arkrey.) While Ybrahim was killed by Ether to save Armea, and Alena died in the hands of Hagorn to save Arman. She also lost the Water Gem to Hagorn, but was later taken by Pirena. All of the villains died including all the Herans and their goddess Ether.
The conclusion of the entire series started at the last war in the world of encantados. Danaya, who was the Queen of Lireo, fought her own gabay-diwa (spirit guide) in the forest of her own kingdom; Amihan fought the goddess Ether at the bay of the Lake (or Sea or Ocean) of Adamya, where her father Raquim appeared for a moment to help her; Pirena fought her own father Hagorn at the forest of Sapiro; The army of Lireo and Sapiro joined forces to attack the realms of the Hathor and Etherian wraiths, where the Punjabwe twins (Violeta and Luntian) and Armea, donning her mother's armor, also helped.
The forces of good prevailed. Amihan defeats Ether, freeing Sari-a from her command; Danaya and Sari-a stopped fighting, since the Gemstone of Earth was returned to its owner; Hagorn killed himself for he could not kill his own daughter. Pirena received the Water Gem, which she later gave to Armea.
After the war, Armea was crowned as the Queen of Sapiro, and received her mother's Gemstone of Water. She was taught by her ashti (aunt) Pirena on how to become a good and effective leader, to be loved by all. Cassandra returned from the mortal world years later as a fully grown woman. She was crowned as the 11th Queen of Lireo afterwards. Pirena returned to Hathoria and destroyed the kingdom using her Fire Gem.
The final scene was only storytelling about what happened afterwards. They (encantados) said that the four Sang'gres disappeared suddenly and nobody knew what happened to them. They later became myths in the land of Encantadia. An eyewitness proclaimed that he/she saw Danaya, no longer the matriarch of Lireo, in the forest with her child and her husband Aquil. The whole world of Encantadia was left at the custody of the succeeding generation: Queen Cassandra of Lireo, Queen Armea of Sapiro, and Arman who actually dotted the series. The story ends with Arman who after becoming a gypsy was shown riding a dragon hovering over the pink skies of the mythical world.
"Ito ang Encantadia. Isang maalamat at magandang mundo..." (This is Encantadia. A beautiful world full of legend...)
- Iza Calzado as Sang'gre Amihan
- Sunshine Dizon as Sang'gre Pirena
- Diana Zubiri as Hara Danaya
- Karylle as Hara Alena
- Dingdong Dantes as Rama Ybrahim
- Francine Prieto as Reyna Avria
- Pauleen Luna as Hera Odessa
- Alessandra de Rossi as Hera Andora
- Jopay Paguia as Hera Juvila
- Angel Aquino as Bathaluman Ether
- Marky Cielo† as Arman
- Jackie Rice as Armea
- Pen Medina as Hagorn
- Jennylyn Mercado as Lira/"Milagros"
- Alfred Vargas as Aquil
- Ella Guevara as Cassandra
- Noel Urbano as the voice of Imaw / Dilawan
- Arthur Solinap as Muros
- Michael Roy Jornales as Apek
- Marky Lopez as Wantuk
- Benjie Paras as Wahid
- Jay-R as Azulan
- Kristine Gonzales as Violeta
- Katrina Gonzales as Luntian
- Marnie Lapuz as Rosas
- Raul Dillo as Kahel
- Cheska Iñigo as Galatea
- Geneva Cruz as Sari-a
- Justin Cuyugan as Arkrey
- Dawn Zulueta as Ynang Reyna Minea
- Cindy Kurleto as Cassiopea
- Chinggoy Alonzo as Evades
- Raymond Bagatsing as Bathalang Emre
- JM Reyes as young Arman
Special finale participation
- Punjabwes - A renegade tribe found in a remote territory of Sapiro. They possess unique powers that make them a formidable enemy. A group of Punjabwes run the Bahaghari (Rainbow), an airship of travelling entertainers.
- Azulan (portrayed by Jay-R) - The strong and handsome leader of the Bahaghari. Though he often makes light of even the most serious of situations, he also possesses somber moods that belie a secret that he keeps (later on revealed to be from the world of mortals). He fancies Sang'gre Amihan.
- Violeta and Luntian (portrayed by Kristine and Katrina Gonzales, also known as JaBoom Twins) - Twin Punjabwes who are swift in combat. They are the fierce warriors whose movements and speech provide an amusing display of double trouble.
- Dilawan (voiced over by Noel Urbano) - An elderly Adamyan among the Punjabwes. Azulan turns to him for advice because of his wisdom and experience.
- Rosas (portrayed by Marnie Lapuz) - A feisty fortune teller, who claims to be the last remaining member of the Yudo-o tribe. She foresees a terrible fate for King Ybrahim.
- Kahel (portrayed by Raul Dillo) - A fearsome yet gentle giant who speaks gibberish understandable only to his fellow Bahaghari crewmates.
- Armea (portrayed by Jackie Rice) - The Sang'gre daughter of King Ybrahim and Queen Alena; heiress of Sapiro.
- Arman (portrayed by Marky Cielo) - The son of King Ybrahim and Hera Odessa; also a candidate and heir to the throne of Sapiro.
- Picarros - A reclusive group of dwarfs who were entrusted with the care of baby Armea by her abductors.
- Sari-a (portrayed by Geneva Cruz) - The spirit-guide of the Gemstone of Earth.
- Galatea (portrayed by Cheska Iñigo) - Emre's chief aide in Devas.
On April 23, 2006, a TV special entitled Avisala Encantadia! was aired. It was the first farewell special that GMA Network had created for a phenomenal TV series.
- List of programs broadcast by GMA Network
- List of telenovelas of GMA Network
- Encantadia (2016 TV series)