|Limited Liability Company|
|Industry||Software Development and Distribution|
|Predecessor||WD, Encore Software, LLC.|
|Headquarters||San Jose, California, USA|
|Products||Software Development, Sale and Distribution|
|Parent||Sereno Ventures, LLC|
Encore Software, LLC ("Encore") is a Delaware limited liability company focused on software sales, distribution and software development.
As a result of bankruptcy case 17-42726 of WYNIT Distribution, LLC, substantially all of Encore's assets were sold at auction on November 9, 2017 to Sereno Ventures, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, with offices in San Jose, California and Lahore, Pakistan.
Shortly after the sale Encore's main office in Eden Prairie, Minnesota was closed. Encore continues to operate a sales call center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, while technical support and software development are run out of Lahore, Pakistan.
Previously, Encore was a wholly owned subsidiary of WYNIT Distribution, LLC which acquired the majority of Encore's assets from Speed Commerce, Inc. (previously Navarre Corporation) on approximately July 9, 2014. Navarre Corporation, had initially acquired Encore's assets from the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California in August 2002.
In November 2008 Encore announced an expanded license with Riverdeep. Under the terms of the agreement Encore now manages the Broderbund family of products as well as Broderbund’s direct to consumer business. In May 2010 Encore acquired the assets of Punch! Software
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2010)
Among the brands published by Encore for the retail market:
- 3D Home Architect 
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's Broderbund and The Learning Company: distributes primarily through the Broderbund website owned by Encore. Series include Adventure Workshop, Carmen Sandiego, ClickArt, Disney Fun & Skills, Mavis Beacon, Oregon Trail, The Print Shop, PrintMaster, and Reader Rabbit.
- Hoyle Card Games, Hoyle Casino and Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games
- Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune PC/Mac games
- PlayFirst titles
- Runic Games' Torchlight: distributed to the North American retail market by Encore
- Panda Security software
- WildTangent games, including Fate: The Traitor Soul
- Rayman 2 and Rayman 3
- "Fifth Report" (PDF). KSV Kofman Inc. (Overview of the Chapter 11 Proceedings). 2017-12-01.
- "Corporate". Minneapolis, Minnesota: Encore, Inc. Archived from the original on 2010-05-30. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- "Navarre Corporation Acquires Encore Software, Inc" (Press release). Navarre Corporation. 2002-08-05. Archived from the original on 2012-07-12. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- "Encore, Inc & Riverdeep Sign Expanded License Agreement". Press Release. Archived from the original on 2013-01-29. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- "Encore, Inc. Acquires Punch! Software". Press Release. Archived from the original on 2013-01-29. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- "Announcing the Release of Broderbund's PrintMaster 2.0". Reuters (Press release). 2009-10-19. p. 1.
- "Encore and PlayFirst Sign Exclusive Three-Year Retail Publishing Agreement for North America". PR Newswire (Press release). 2008-01-30. p. 1.
- "Torchlight". Giant Bomb. p. 1. Retrieved 2009-11-02.
- Peckham, Matt (2009-10-28). "10 Reasons You Must Play Torchlight". PC World. p. 1.
|This United States media company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|