From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some uses of the concept of encountering:
- Martin Buber frequently uses this term and associated ideas.
- Irvin Yalom in his book "Existential Psychotherapy".
- Carl Rogers, in encounter groups and person-centered psychotherapy.
- Jerzy Grotowski's notion of a "poor theatre" – "The core of the theatre is an encounter".
- R D Laing contrasts encounter with collusion in much of his work, especially Self and Others.
|This psychology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|