Encyclopedia of the Holocaust
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2011)|
Included in the Encyclopedia: hundreds of entries, with illustrations, maps, and bibliographic references for further reading. Both editions have a Glossary of Terms. The Index of the Hebrew edition (vol. 6) includes bilingual lists of names of persons, organizations, and places.
The Encyclopedia was the winner of the 1990 American Library Association’s Dartmouth Medal.
International Editorial Board
Editor in chief:
- Israel Gutman, Yad Vashem; Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
The other editors:
- Yitzhak Arad, Yad Vashem, Jerusalem
- Yehuda Bauer, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Randolph L. Braham, City University of New York
- Martin Broszat (1926–1989), University of Munich
- Christopher R. Browning, University of North Carolina
- Richard I. (Yerachmiel) Cohen, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Henry L. Feingold, City University of New York
- Saul Friedländer, Tel Aviv University
- Martin Gilbert, University of London
- Andreas Hillgruber (1925–1989), University of Cologne
- Eberhard Jäckel, University of Stuttgart
- Steven Katz, Boston University, USA
- Shmuel Krakowski, Yad Vashem, Jerusalem
- Otto Dov Kulka, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Dov Levin, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Czesław Madajczyk, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw
- Michael Marrus, University of Toronto
- György Ránki, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest
- Jehuda Reinharz, Brandeis University, USA
- Shmuel Spector, Yad Vashem, Jerusalem
- Jerzy Tomaszewski, University of Warsaw
- Aharon Weiss, Yad Vashem; University of Haifa
- Leni Yahil, University of Haifa
- Geoffrey Wigoder editor of the english edition.
- Encyclopedia of the Holocaust, Israel Gutman, editor-in-chief. New York: Macmillan, 1990. 4 volumes. ISBN 0-02-896090-4.
- Ha-Entsiklopedya shel ha-Shoah (Hebrew: האנציקלופדיה של השואה), Israel Gutman, editor-in-chief. Jerusalem: Yad Vashem; Tel Aviv: Sifriat Poalim Publishing House, 1990. 6 volumes. ISBN 965-04-2085-1