|Headquarters||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|Steve Papa (CEO)|
Endeca was a software company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, that sold eCommerce search, Customer Experience Management, enterprise search and business intelligence applications. Endeca was founded in 1999 and was a privately held company, backed by venture capital investment from Bessemer, DN Capital, In-Q-Tel, Intel, SAP and Venrock. On October 18, 2011, Oracle Corporation announced its acquisition of Endeca for $1.075B.
Endeca's product provided faceted search, particularly in the context of electronic commerce and online libraries. It is considered a leader in the enterprise search and information access market by industry analyst firms Gartner, IDC, and Forrester Research
- "Endeca". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Farrell, Michael B. (2011-10-18). "Oracle buys Endeca". Boston.com. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Briggs, Bill (2009-07-30). "Who puts the 'e' in e-commerce". InternetRetailer.com. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Toward the Next Gen Catalog". ALA TechSource. 2006-10-03. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Gartner Positions Endeca in Leaders Quadrant of 2009 Information Access Technology Magic Quadrant Report". TMCNet. 2009-09-18. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Endeca Shortlisted as One of Top Search Vendors by Leading Market Research Firm (Press Release)". Reuters. 2009-09-21. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "The Forrester Wave&tm;: Enterprise Search, Q2 2008". Forrester Research. 2008-05-28. Retrieved 2011-10-18.