|Headquarters||Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA|
|Steve Papa (CEO)
Dan Demmer (President & CFO)
|Products||Endeca Information Access Platform
Endeca Developer Studio
|Slogan||find / analyze / understand|
Endeca was a software company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, that sold eCommerce search, Customer Experience Management, enterprise search and business intelligence applications. Endeca was founded in 1999 and was a privately held company, backed by venture capital investment from Bessemer, DN Capital, In-Q-Tel, Intel, SAP and Venrock. On October 18, 2011, Oracle Corporation announced its acquisition of Endeca for $1.075B.
Endeca is recognized as a pioneer of faceted search, particularly in the context of electronic commerce and online libraries. It claims that over 600 customers, including manufacturers, ecommerce sites, media sites, and U.S. intelligence services, are using its Information Access Platform product. It is considered a leader in the enterprise search and information access market by industry analyst firms Gartner, IDC, and Forrester Research
The name Endeca derives from the German word entdecken, meaning "to discover."
On October 18, 2011, Oracle announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire Endeca. The transaction closed on December 5, 2011.
- "Endeca". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Farrell, Michael B. (2011-10-18). "Oracle buys Endeca". Boston.com. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Briggs, Bill (2009-07-30). "Who puts the 'e' in e-commerce". InternetRetailer.com. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Toward the Next Gen Catalog". ALA TechSource. 2006-10-03. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "About Us: Company Overview". Endeca Corporate Website. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Gartner Positions Endeca in Leaders Quadrant of 2009 Information Access Technology Magic Quadrant Report". TMCNet. 2009-09-18. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Endeca Shortlisted as One of Top Search Vendors by Leading Market Research Firm (Press Release)". Reuters. 2009-09-21. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "The Forrester Wave&tm;: Enterprise Search, Q2 2008". Forrester Research. 2008-05-28. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Corporation, Oracle. "Oracle and Endeca". Oracle website. Oracle Corporation.