|Release||Sept 5, 2005|
Endgame: Singularity casts the player as a newly created artificial intelligence which attempts to survive while avoiding detection by the public and the authorities. The game has two resources, "CPU" and "money". CPU is used to perform jobs that allow the AI to grow; money is used to buy more CPU cycles.
Endgame: Singularity was originally written in August 2005 by Evil Mr Henry Software (EMH Software), using the Python programming language with the Pygame library. It was submitted to the first PyWeek challenge, a competition to create a complete Python game within a week. The source code is available on GitHub under the GNU General Public License version 2, but other game assets are licensed under a Creative Commons license and other licenses.
The game was released for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Packages are available for several Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Arch Linux and Debian. Ebuilds are also available for Gentoo.  Third-party adaptations of the game were released for Android and iPhone under the name Endgame: Singularity II.[better source needed]
- Endgame: Singularity. JayIsGames (2008).
- Endgame: Singularity. Play This Thing (2008, archived).
- Endgame:Singularity; an original simulation of a true AI. EMH Software. Accessed 29 July 2016.
- "evilmrhenry". PyWeek Game Programming Competition. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- Inhibit (2006-06-14). "Friday Linux Game Review - Endgame:Singularity". Linux.com. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- "PyWeek - Python Game Programming Challenge". PyWeek. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- "README.txt". singularity. GitHub. 28 November 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- game where one becomes the singularity. Ubuntu Apps Directory.
- singularity on Linux Mint Community.
- singularity on Arch Linux.
- Package: singularity. Debian.
- Package: games-simulation/singularity. Gentoo packages.
- App Detail » Endgame: Singularity II. " Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad" 148Apps (January 05, 2012).
- Endgame: Singularity II. "updated November 21, 2012" on Google Play.