||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Author||Aubrey de Grey; with Michael Rae|
|Publisher||St. Martin's Press|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|LC Class||QP85 .D348 2007|
Ending Aging: The Rejuvenation Breakthroughs that Could Reverse Human Aging in Our Lifetime is a 2007 book written by Aubrey de Grey, a biomedical gerontologist, with his research assistant Michael Rae. Ending Aging describes de Grey's proposal for eliminating aging as a cause of debilitation and death in humans, and restoring the body to an indefinitely youthful state, a project plan that he calls the "Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence", or "SENS". De Grey argues that defeating aging is feasible, possibly within a few decades, and he outlines steps that can be taken to hasten the development of regenerative medicine treatments that will save lives.
- St. Martin's Press, 1st edition (hardcover), released September 4, 2007: ISBN 0-312-36706-6
- St. Martin's Griffin, 1st reprint edition with new afterword (paperback), released October 14, 2008: ISBN 0-312-36707-4
- Spanish: El Fin del Envejecimiento. Los avances que podrían revertir el envejecimiento humano durante nuestra vida, Lola Books, Berlín 2013
- German: Niemals alt!: So lässt sich das Altern umkehren. Fortschritte der Verjüngungsforschung. transcript Verlag, Bielefeld 2010
- Illes, Judy (November 15, 2007). "Blurring our edges". Nature. 450 (7168): 351–352. doi:10.1038/450351a.
- Bains, William (2008). "Steam engine time: A review of 'Ending Ageing' by Aubrey de Grey" (PDF). Bioscience Hypotheses. 1 (6): 281–285. doi:10.1016/j.bihy.2008.10.001. Retrieved March 20, 2009.[dead link]
- de Grey, Aubrey D.N.J. (2008). "Estimating rates of future biomedical progress: A reply to Bains". Bioscience Hypotheses. 1 (6): 286. doi:10.1016/j.bihy.2008.10.002.
- Cromley, Janet (October 15, 2007). "These books say heaven can wait". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- Garreau, Joel (October 31, 2007). "The Invincible Man – Aubrey de Grey, 44 Going on 1,000, Wants Out of Old Age". Washington Post. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- Lythgoe, Dennis (September 16, 2007). "Author portends perpetual youth". Deseret Morning News. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- Kling, Arnold (September 19, 2007). "Living Forever: Is It Possible? What Will Get Us There?". TCS Daily. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- Boutin, Paul (September 8, 2007). "Battling Time's Ravages – A maverick biotech researcher's goal: perpetual youth". The Wall Street Journal. p. P8. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- Critser, Greg (September 7, 2007). "The man who will help you live for 1,000 years – Want to live for a millennium? It could be achieved with cellular technology, says Dr Aubrey de Grey". The Times. London. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- Kazan, Casey (September 5, 2007). "End of Aging – The Next Great Paradigm Shift?". The Daily Galaxy. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- Klein, Julia M. (January 25, 2008). "Forever Young". Obit Magazine. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- Garreau, Joel (December 19, 2007). "Can aging be cured?". The Journal Times. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- Best, Ben (December 2007). "Book Review – Ending Aging: The Rejuvenation Breakthroughs That Could Reverse Human Aging in Our Lifetime". Life Extension. Life Extension Foundation. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- Docksai, Rick (July–August 2008). "Book Review – A World Where No One Ages". The Futurist. World Future Society. 42 (4). Retrieved March 21, 2009.
- Ettinger, Robert (Nov–Dec 2007). "New De Grey Book – Ending Aging by Aubrey de Grey with Michael Rae, St. Martin's Press 2007." (PDF). Long Life. Immortalist Society. Retrieved March 21, 2009.
- Best, Ben (January 2008). "Ending Aging: Another Re-view, a Different View" (PDF). Long Life. Immortalist Society. Retrieved March 21, 2009.
- de Grey, Aubrey (January 2008). "A review gets reviewed" (PDF). Long Life. Immortalist Society. Retrieved March 21, 2009.
- Brandt-Erichsen, David (1st Quarter 2008). "Book Review – Ending Aging: The Rejuvenation Breakthroughs That Could Reverse Human Aging in Our Lifetime" (PDF). Cryonics. 29 (1). Alcor Life Extension Foundation. p. 22. Retrieved March 21, 2009. Check date values in: