Endless Love (Philippine TV series)
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group
Oh Soo Yun (Story creator)
|Developed by||Denoy Navarro-Punio|
|Directed by||Mac Alejandre
|Theme music composer||Rannie Ilag (lyrics)
Cecil Borja (music)
|Opening theme||"Ikaw Lang" by Rachelle Ann Go|
|Ending theme||"Ikaw Lang" by Rachelle Ann Go|
|Country of origin||Philippines
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||80|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Running time||30–45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Network|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||DVB-T2 (1080i50 16:9) HDTV|
|Original release||June 28 – October 15, 2010|
|Preceded by||The Last Prince|
|Followed by||Beauty Queen|
|Related shows||Endless Love: Autumn in My Heart|
Endless Love is a Philippines television series adaptation of the Korean television series Autumn in My Heart. It premiered from June 28, 2010 to October 15, 2010 on GMA Network (nationalwide) and GMA Pinoy TV which GMA Life TV (worldwide) replacing The Last Prince. The show features Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera as the ill-fated Johnny and Jenny, under the direction of Mac Alejandre.
Autumn in My Heart is the first series installment in Yoon Seok-ho's four-part instalment titled Endless Love. It aired in South Korea through KBS2 from September 16 to November 7, 2000 running with 16 episodes.
In November 2009, GMA Network formally announced that they have acquired the adaptation rights of the Korean drama Autumn in My Heart, with Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera in the lead roles. In December 2009, director Joyce E. Bernal was hired to helm the project. A teaser trailer was shown during the 2009 Metro Manila Film Festival, attached to GMA Films' Ang Panday.
Ryan Agoncillo, Paulo Avelino and Hero Angeles were all considered to take on the second lead male role before Dennis Trillo was eventually cast. Filming started in April 2010, targeting for a June release date. The production also encountered an extensive delays causing Bernal to leave production and eventually replaced by Mac Alejandre; actress Gina Alajar left to pursue another role, whilst actor Christopher de Leon chose to focus on his political career in the meanwhile - both were replaced by Kuh Ledesma and Tirso Cruz III, respectively.
Johnny and Jenny grew up together as siblings under the care of their parents Robert and Katherine. Johnny loves his sister very much and is very protective of her. Their lives were discrupted when they found out that there was a case of baby switching in the hospital on the day that Jenny was born. They discovered that the real daughter was Shirley, the poor, mean and resentful classmate of Jenny. The lives of Jenny and Shirley are dramatically reversed in an instant. Jenny wants to stay but Shirley keeps pressuring her to leave. The weak-willed Jenny decides to run away and stay with her hostile biological mother Suzy and her good-for-nothing brother Jojo. Meanwhile, Johnny and his family opt to live abroad.
Years later, Jenny grows up to be a simple, beautiful and kind-hearted young lady. She works as a chambermaid in a hotel resort. She meets a conceited and naughty hotel owner named Andrew who gets smitten by Jenny's charm and beauty. Andrew does everything to get Jenny's attention. He soon realizes that Jenny is slowly changing him for the better. The guy proudly tells his best friend that he has found the woman he truly loves.
It turns out that Johnny is the best friend of Andrew. Johnny returns from abroad to look for his beloved sister and after many years of separation, the "siblings" reunite. As Johnny and Jenny get to know each other after so many years, they start to fall in love. Jenny feels conflicted, because she is dating Andrew. Johnny hides his emotions as he is preparing to be married to his long-time girlfriend. At this time, Jenny will have Leukemia. The family and the villains of Jenny are shocked because Jenny has Leukemia and the anger of the villains Shirley and JoJo changed into love for Jenny. Days later, Johnny and Jenny finally get married and awhile after, Jenny dies. Before Jenny died, she wrote letters to her mothers, her father, Johnny, and Shirley. During her funeral, all of them read the letters Jenny left them. In Jenny's letter to her mothers, she states that she's lucky to have two loving mothers. In her father's letter, she states that she loves him very much and is the only father she knew. Though the contents of Shirley's letter was never revealed, it is shown that Jenny gave Shirley the Mickey Mouse watch Johnny bought for Jenny when they were teenagers. Finally, in Johnny's letter, she asks him to continue biking and always imagine that Jenny is riding with him, and not to follow her in death. Afterwards, Johnny asks Andrew to deliver Jenny's ashes to her favorite beach and asks that only him will do this and no one else. Andrew asks Johnny if he's gonna go, but Johnny replies that he wants to say goodbye to her in his own way. Afterwards, Johnny is shown biking on the road where he and Jenny always went biking, but Johnny stops in the middle of the road and doesn't notice that there is truck coming and gets hit by the truck. After looking at the sky, Johnny says that he and Jenny will be together again. Johnny dies afterwards. The Series ends with two kids (presumably Johnny and Jenny) biking down the road where Johnny and Jenny always went biking.
Cast and characters
- Dingdong Dantes as Johnny Dizon - Johnny is very close to his sister Jenny, but they were forced to separate when they learned that their not real siblings. Years after, Johnny will look for Jenny and but passionate love will blossom between them.
- Marian Rivera as Jenny Dizon / Jenny Cruz - At the beginning of the story, Jenny will live a comfortable and happy life with her parents Robert and Katherine and brother Johnny. But this will all change when she discovers that she does not really belong to the family she grew up with.
- Dennis Trillo as Andrew Tantoco - The rich hotel owner where Jenny works as a chambermaid. Andrew will also develop feelings for Jenny and willing to do whatever it takes to win her love and affection.
- Nadine Samonte as Shirley Cruz/Shirley Dizon - Andrew's envious and domineering girlfriend. The real sister of Johnny and the fierce rival of Jenny. She will make Jenny's life a living hell.
- Bela Padilla as Yumi Ramirez - Johnny's agonizing fiancee. She and Shirley will joined force to separate Johnny and Jenny for their own gain.
- Tirso Cruz III as Robert Dizon
- Sandy Andolong as Katherine Dizon
- Janice de Belen as Suzette "Suzie" Cruz
- Gabby Eigenmann as Jojo Cruz
- Kuh Ledesma as Jackie Tantoco
- Ces Quesada as Nora Ramirez
- Janna Dominguez as Mylene Ortiz
- Mosang as Christine Santos
- Bernard Palanca as Raul
- Marco Alcaraz as Nestor
- Kristofer Martin as Young Johnny
- Kathryn Bernardo as Young Jenny
- Lucho Ayala as Young Jojo
- Joyce Ching as Young Shirley
- Virginia Joshen
- Top Asianovelas since the year 2002
- iGMA Exclusive: GMA Telebabad 2010
- Basta-bastang interview bawal na sa mga artista
- GMA-7 reportedly offering Ryan Agoncillo four shows in exchange for leaving TV5's Talentadong Pinoy
- Marian Rivera: "Hindi ako lilipat dahil masaya ako bilang Kapuso."
- Jolina pumirma ng kontrata sa Viva